Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lawrence County)

Default Waterfront Shooting

Two shootings in two weeks at two restaurants in Homestead.

Made me think real hard about how badly I want to ever be in that area again. When I lived in Shadyside I went down there quite about.
    It's funny how so many decent neighborhoods in the city border rundown areas with high crime. Squirrel Hill and Shadyside are decent places to live but two stop lights away is the riffraff of Homestead and Hazelwood.
    Same story on the other side of Shadyside with East Liberty. So many of these real estate developers are doing their best to turn them into upscale neighborhoods but it's just not happening in my opinion. It's going to be a long time until the garbage is pushed out.

I guess I'm kind of ranting but it really kind of hit home that the same night of this last shooting my wife was with friends having dinner across the street from the crime scene.

Thoughts?
    Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Waterfront Shooting

I understand. I'm just a bit up river in turtle creek. just go 2 blocks in any direction from where we are on our little one way street.. and it's crazy.
    The 2nd amendment is the RESET BUTTON on the constitution.
    Faith, Fun, and Firearms.
    Grace Life Church member

(Erie County)

This morning, my wife an I were just talking about that shooting at Damons on Sunday.

We were there Saturday night for dinner. Looks like it happend as they were closing. Yes I was carrying as we had to stop in Duquesne to drop off my step-daughters mail. I never go to Duquesne unarmed.

Waterfront is a punk hangout.

(Allegheny County)

I was actually in the eat'n'park when this went down. Worst part is that the victim actually seemed like a not-so-bad guy. My friend was performing rescue breathing once he stopped breathing. I retrieved the AED from the first aid kit in the kitchen. He was alive with a heart rate of 34 bpm when we got him onto the ambulance, but died a short while later.

The police, who were at the eatnpark right before this happened were not gone for more than 6 or 7 minutes when the shooting occurred, and took 15 to return. And people wonder why I carry a firearm.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Allegheny County)

i help run the paintball field right across the river from Damons, and i always like to wee what type of crowd goes in and out. i watch through binos while the games are going on and it's mostly groups that you'd expect to go there. and more times than not i always get to see a few good fights every weekend.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Allegheny County)

I am shocked. I moved to PA just recently (within a year) from So. California and thought that the area was nice and one of the more appealing locations. In fact, I usually do my grocery shopping there late night.

(Allegheny County)

People walk around the waterfront as though they are in some sort of sealed bubble that will keep out the criminals who live 50 feet away.

How can anyone expect that the dirtbags won't want to mingle with all those potential victims?

(Allegheny County)

Quite frankly, I wasnt aware that the surrounding areas were bad news. I come in off the turnpike and it seems like pretty smooth sailing.

(Allegheny County)

The Homestead area is no different than Braddock, Wilkinsburg, East Liberty, parts of Penn Hills, and downtown. No getting away from a certain element in those area's. Since I grew up in the 60's in Braddock, live next door to Wilkinsburg and Penn Hills, and worked downtown and in East Liberty, I am used to it, but I'm aware. Don't let any "skumbags" in the Pittsburgh area keep you from what you want to do or where you want to go, just keep vigilant and you will be OK.
    Toujours prêt

(Allegheny County)

The property management company is hiring ACT235 guards at $9.50 an hour.

I said no thanks.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast