Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Deer Season 07

Default Re: Deer Season 07

Wonder if the cost of gas cut down on the road hunting any?
    I know I spent a good bit just on goin hunting almost everyday , I couldnt imagine the cost of driving around all day

Quote Originally Posted by WMG View Post
    Wonder if the cost of gas cut down on the road hunting any?
    I know I spent a good bit just on goin hunting almost everyday , I couldnt imagine the cost of driving around all day
    I doubt it, but if it did at least it's one good outcome of high gas prices.
    FUCK BIDEN

Id think most road hunters use pick up trucks , probably 4x4s to boot , maybe there will be a run to buy honda civics next yr before deer season

(Beaver County)

I got one doe and 2 button bucks so far. The last one I got was on Thurs, it was betweeen 10 and 7 degrees- I wasn't going to be picky. On Friday I sat at the same spot and saw nothin, the snow storm covered up my entry tracks. I was driving out of the farm I was hunting and saw a deer go into a tree line that went back into the farm. I looked back at my wet clothes and thought this would be an easy ambush and thought, looking at the wet clothes-Nah. Maybe after xmas I'll get her.

(Schuylkill County)

Angry Re: Deer Season 07

Just finished the last day of deer season here in Potter County and over a two week period in which I hunted 4 total days I saw a total of 3 deer in the bush (not along the road like most others hunt here). The deer herd is deplorable. I do admit that the buck being taken are of a much higher quality and mass but the doe population is almost non existent. It greatly concerns me that my son (nine months) may not have the interest in hunting because who wants to hunt when you don't see anything. Beleive me I am not whining but something must be done. I'm tired of hearing that hunters don't hunt; I'll take any commissioner in my tracks and gladly have them trudge the mountains with me or alongside during our drives. We as hunters in PA must wake up and become vocal and demand the game commission along with DCNR stop destoying our beloved traditions. The game commission no longer controls the game, DCNR and the insurance companies do. With great frustration - thanks for listening.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678