Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Exclamation Class III in Franklin county?

Can anyone tell me what the class III climate is like in Franklin County right now? I don't know how many of you have been following the LTCF problems that have been plaguing gnbrotz, but if his experiences are any indicator, Sherrif Wollyung might be a substantial barrier in terms of getting form 4 signed.

Has anyone here in Franklin county been successful in getting Sheriff Wollyung to sign the necessary documents for an NFA purchase?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Class III in Franklin county?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseybacon View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the class III climate is like in Franklin County right now? I don't know how many of you have been following the LTCF problems that have been plaguing gnbrotz, but if his experiences are any indicator, Sherrif Wollyung might be a substantial barrier in terms of getting form 4 signed.

Has anyone here in Franklin county been successful in getting Sheriff Wollyung to sign the necessary documents for an NFA purchase?
    http://www.pafoa.org/county/franklin/

Franklin County should be OK for NFA signoffs based on our past contact with them. If this turns out not to be true please let us know.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Franklin County)

So hang on a second, is it the policies of county that is friendly or not friendly towards NFA items, or the personal discretion of the sheriff that is the determining factor. Who/what makes the decision to sign/not sign form 4? I just found out that Sheriff Wollyung is retiring soon, and though he may be an asshole and needs to go, I can't help but worry that his replacement won't be as receptive to this kind of thing.

(Franklin County)

Does Franklin county sign form 4's?

(Montgomery County)

I understand why people ask these questions but my feelings are as follows:

Someone in the past might have got sign off but when sherif and chief of police change, you dont know what the new guys feelings are. So, i always like to go visit them and find out myself. I went to my local COP and met him in person and found out he will sign. I'm not so sure why everyone is afraid to go talk to "the man". Hell, we pay his salary so why not go meet him---after all, they work for us, right? I will say that i am in a realitivly small town so maybe not all the big town LEO's have time to meet you in person.

I always find it best to meet our elected officals and let them know how we vote etc. Plus, you get to know them and they get to know you. I have nothing to hide so, i'm not really worried about it. I just don't see the fear in asking---all they can say is no---then form an LLC or trust and be done with it. Just my .02 anyway.

(Luzerne County)

Sheriff Wollyung is gone. The new Sheriff seems to conduct himself pretty decent, well at least he did in front of us Tuesday but I really don't know where he stands on Class III signoff's.

Quite frankly I am shocked to hear Wollyung did Class-III sign off's to begin with after hearing his quotes as to why he revoked gnbrotz LTCF.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

(Luzerne County)

When speaking with the CLEO the first thing you need to do is establish if he/she knows what the sign-off is.
    Many are under the incorrect assumption that it is a character reference of some sort. Make sure they understand that it is only verification of local laws not prohibiting ownership. Which in PA we shouldn't even have to bother with due to ss6120. Damn feds and their idiotic paperwork!