Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default my p250 has a failure rate of 1 in 3?

Ok, so some background. bought a p250c in 9mm here on the forums. put 50 rounds of lawman through it no problem, put 50 rounds of rws orange box with no problem, then went and put 100 rounds of wwb and rws mix with 4 failures, 2 light strikes and 2 failure to extracts. 1 light strike from each brand, although the wwb fired with a second pull of the trigger. Now, I went back out and put 100 rounds of silver bear through it and it did ok the first 20 rounds, then i began to have failure to extracts 1 in every 3 or so rounds. After that session I paid for a dip in the ultrasonic cleaner and re-lubed. I have not been back to the range since. My question is, do the older p250s typically have problems?

(Delaware County)

Default Re: my p250 has a failure rate of 1 in 3?

No quality firearm should have those problems, even shooting cheap ammo. Call Sig and tell them to service your pistol.

(Bucks County)

well now you know why the person that sold it to you wanted to get rid of it all kidding aside i think you first need to get the gun back to the range and see if the cleaning makes a difference. was the gun cleaned before you took it for the first range session. sig ships their guns with shipping grease and it's possible if the gun wasn't cleaned the grease could contribute to the light strikes by gumming up the internals.

(Allegheny County)

There were some well documented cases of P250's having failures to extract and light strikes. This was mainly in the earlier production P250's and was supposedly fixed later on. The P250 as a whole can be iffy though. I'd say give SIG a call and a chance to make it right. Over on Sigforum, several folks sent their P250's back and had 100% functional weapons returned.

(Philadelphia County)

The gun was sold to me with 700ish rounds through it, but it was DIRTY when I got it(didn't bother me much, got a good price on it). I did a wipe down cleaning, and a lube. I will head back to the range wed and give it a shot. I've got more silver bear and some brown bear, and I'm pretty sure I've still got atleast 50 wwb. If I have issues after that the gun will be shipped back to the mfg. I should note it is an early model (older grip style and fire control)

(Franklin County)

Perhaps the easiest gun to break down completely. Give it a goodcleaning. I have never had a bit of trouble with my 250. It is a solid gun all around.
    Last edited by basshunterpa; January 14th, 2011 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nathaniel.seacat View Post
    The gun was sold to me with 700ish rounds through it, but it was DIRTY when I got it(didn't bother me much, got a good price on it). I did a wipe down cleaning, and a lube. I will head back to the range wed and give it a shot. I've got more silver bear and some brown bear, and I'm pretty sure I've still got atleast 50 wwb. If I have issues after that the gun will be shipped back to the mfg. I should note it is an early model (older grip style and fire control)
    I would like to know what you mean by "a wipe down cleaning and lube".
    You state the gun is dirty after 700 rnds. I envision you wipe down and swab the barrel, wipe the rails with a solvent soaked rag and slather on some lube.
    It could mean wiping the gun with a silicone rag (most likely) or a detailed strip with a thorough wiping/cleaning of all surfaces(least likely).
    If I picked up a gun with 700 rnds thru it that was dirty I would do a total cleaning of the firearm .

(Chester County)

The Sig P250 is probably the biggest piece of shit that Sig has made.

Send it back to Sig, let them fix it as best as they can, then sell it.

Honestly, the thing was such a dog the only Federal agency that tried to adopt it recalled them to sit in storage,
    http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=40091&page=3
    and the other agency which tried to test them dropped them from testing because they wouldn't run worth a shit.
    http://www.gao.gov/decisions/bidpro/4023393.htm

Sorry yours is broken, but it is almost to be expected with those things.

(Luzerne County)

The Sig P250 is probably the biggest piece of shit that Sig has made.
    I've shot some of Sigs other pieces, and they were damn nice guns. While looking for a new 9mm the shop owner showed me a P250. Even a non-handgun guy like myself identified it as a POS. Too bad for Sig, one series of junk guns can ruin a name.

(Philadelphia County)

my initial cleaning was a full tear down but with no ultrasonic machine, just cleaned with swaps and cloth. I have identified the problem. It is in the casing of the rws and silver bear ammo. I tried to feed some by hand, and they are too tight a fit. The chamber has very small rough spots that are hanging up on the casing. I fired 150 brown bear rounds through it with no issues. I believe a polish of the chamber with a brush mounted in a drill would solve this issue entirely. Which is a good thing because I like the 250.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast