Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: The Beltman

(York County)

Default The Beltman

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this or not. I'm posting here because I saw another thread here on belts.

I wanted to put it out there that I spoke to Jim (The belt man) about ordering a belt. I specified online that I wanted the square powder coated buckle. When I talked to him he mentioned that he had recieved a bad batch of buckles. They were merely painted and not powder coated. He said that 50 of these buckles got out before he realized the screw up.

From my conversation with him (on the phone) he seems to be a stand up guy. He's going out of his way to satisfy the customers who got a bad product (not intentionally). He said it would be months before these buckles would be available again. It's costing him a lot of money (advertising changes, recalled buckles, replacement buckels sent out/ installed) to keep his customers satisfied.

I want y'all to know that "The Belt Man" cares about his customers and his service seems to be top notch. I find it comforting knowing that I am buying a product from someone who cares about the quality of the product they are selling.

I wouldn't hesitate to order another belt from "The Belt Man"

Sid

(Bucks County)

Default Re: The Beltman

That's interesting. I just bought a belt from him recently. I bought a quick ship belt and added the Black powder coated buckle extra. I'll have to see if mine was one that is only painted. Thanks.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chayse View Post
    That's interesting. I just bought a belt from him recently. I bought a quick ship belt and added the Black powder coated buckle extra. I'll have to see if mine was one that is only painted. Thanks.
    Have you got it already? I don't know about the quick ship belts they may have had the better buckles. He said that the powder coated won't be available for a few months at least. He is in the process of updating the web site and other advertising because of this.

Sid

(Philadelphia County)

I am VERY happy with my Beltman. Jim is a great guy to deal with.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by sid View Post
    Have you got it already? I don't know about the quick ship belts they may have had the better buckles. He said that the powder coated won't be available for a few months at least. He is in the process of updating the web site and other advertising because of this.

Sid
    Yeah, I think it was purchased in November. Not sure if that was in the time period you are talking about though. I bought a quick ship belt with the standard silver buckle and ordered the Black powdercoated square buckle as an extra in the same order. It is a really great belt. I haven't put the black buckle on it yet though.

(York County)

Mine should be here in a couple of weeks. I'm looking forward to getting a quality belt (for a change).
    Sid