Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Precision Rifle INSTRUCTIONAL CLINIC

About 4 slots left....

Pacer

Our Precision Rifle program (http://langhornerodandgunclub.org/precisionrifle/ ) at LRGC is really picking up steam, and there's been an increasing number of requests for some of the more experienced shooters to pass on some of the basics to those who are interested in cracking the shell of what is widely believed to be one of the more difficult shooting disciplines to achieve proficiency in.

The trigonometry, mathematics, fractions, formulas and techniques used by precision shooters can really put the zap on your mind, especially if there's nobody around to break it down into easily digestible chunks.

Professional instruction is out there, but the extreme cost (upwards of $300/day), and the advanced nature of the prerequisite skills often combine to provide only discouragement to the newer shooter trying to get started. It's hard to know what to learn, and where in the training cycle the bulk of the individual effort needs to be focused.

So by popular demand, we're running a two day clinic where we will de-mystify the entire discipline, and give you an understanding of precision shooting sufficient to allow you to compete respectably in the next LRGC Precision Rifle match. It will consist of classroom, range work, and fieldcraft exercises.

It's not super-ninja. Just a good solid technical intro to precision shooting. Whether you're interested in competing, punching paper, or long range groundhog hunting, there's going to be something here for you.

Check out the clinic page at Precision Rifle Clinic http://langhornerodandgunclub.org/pr...nrifle/clinic/

Cost is a very reasonable $50 per person per day (attend only one if you can), with a discount for club members ($35/day).

Contact me to save a seat in the classroom, and a spot on the firing line. I have room for 25 attendees and I'm about half full right now. (update-4 slots left)

Langhorne@langhornerodandGunClub.org

--Fargo007

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Precision Rifle INSTRUCTIONAL CLINIC

PM SENT TO YOU....

Enroll me please...
    Last edited by 91xlt; November 28th, 2007 at 01:06 PM. Reason: enrollment

(Chester County)

What credentials do the instructors have? Police? Competitve? State or National titles? Just curious.

(Bucks County)

retired NJ SP

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 91xlt View Post
    PM SENT TO YOU....

Enroll me please...
    I'll pass it on to the intructor...he had the link at the bottom as his respond to

Langhorne@langhorneRodandGunclub.org (he is also the IT guy)

B

(Bucks County)

Wink Re: Precision Rifle INSTRUCTIONAL CLINIC

Quote Originally Posted by libertydog View Post
    What credentials do the instructors have? Police? Competitve? State or National titles? Just curious.
    We have a combination of instructors teaching different segments. Most of us are NRA certified instructors. I'm recently retired NJSP/20 years, also served on a detail in Katrina. I introduced and manage the very successful precision rifle program at the club.

http://langhornerodandgunclub.org/precisionrifle/

Our unsupported position instructor is Ron Noe, a former champ at Perry. He runs our junior rifle program. A former US Army sniper is on board to assist, and also teach a couple blocks, and a physician is teaching the terminal ballistics/living tissue segment. I also have some experienced precision competitors coming to assist on the line with some 1 on 1 instruction.

None of us are national celebrities, but for fifty bucks a day, I'd submit you're getting way better than your money's worth.

--Fargo007

PS ---- We are now full.
    Last edited by fargo007; December 2nd, 2007 at 09:52 PM. Reason: course is full

(Philadelphia County)

Thumbs up Re: Precision Rifle INSTRUCTIONAL CLINIC

FYI,
    this is a very informative class, and seems to be an excellent club!!!

if you may have been thinking of participating and improving yourself, this is an excellent place to start!!!

(Philadelphia County)

Thumbs up Re: Precision Rifle INSTRUCTIONAL CLINIC

this really was a spectacular class!!!!

fwiw, do your self a favor if you have been thinking of participating in a course like this...DO IT!!!

i am not YET, a member of this club...
    people and information delivery...top notch!

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU GUYS!!!