Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Langhorne Rod and Gun Club

Hi everyone, I would like to join the Langhorne Rod and Gun Club. I do not know any one at the club therefore I am unable to ask some one to sponser me and it is my understanding that a sponser must be a three year or longer member. I live in Yardley and have been involved with wepons for the last 40 years. Since I am now retired and have a lot of free time I would like to join this club since it is so close to me. I have been there a few times to events they sponsered and it has all I am looking for in a range. If some one would be willing to sponser me Please contact me here .
    Thank you
    Last edited by larrydday; February 8th, 2011 at 07:55 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Langhorne Rod and Gun Club

My good man..

PLEASE PLEASE REMOVE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM THIS POST ASAP.

This is a public forum and ANYBODY has access to it. From a potential sponsor all the way to nefarious Nigerians.

I CANNOT STRESS THiS ENOUGH.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by larrydday View Post
    Hi everyone, I would like to join the Langhorne Rod and Gun Club. I do not know any one at the club therefore I am unable to ask some one to sponser me and it is my understanding that a sponser must be a three year or longer member. I live in Yardley and have been involved with wepons for the last 40 years. Since I am now retired and have a lot of free time I would like to join this club since it is so close to me. I have been there a few times to events they sponsered and it has all I am looking for in a range. If some one would be willing to sponser me Please contact me here .
    Thank you
    larry , are you having any luck?? have you gone to the meetings??? I wish you the best of luck!!!

(Bucks County)

No luck at all you are the only one that has replied to my thread. I have gone to the last 2 meetings. When the weather gets better I am going to start going to all the events and maybe I will luck out and find some one. I am glade you got in . Just got a ruger mkll target pistol sure hope I get to shoot it there. Maybe you will have me as a guest this summer. If you come across someone that would be a sponser please let me know.

(Bucks County)

Any luck yet? I'm surprised by this. I am a member, and when I joined last year, all you had to do was contact Chuck, the new membership guy, and he put you on the list for new membership orientation. In fact, I just talked to him tonight, and he told me that there is a fifty-something person wait list for new membership, but I didn't hear anything about a new policy requiring sponsorship.

The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living
    with power to endanger the public liberty. -John Adams

(Bucks County)

Yup ! Must be there at least 3 years to sponsor someone now. I have a good friend joining this month that I was not able to sponsor because I only have 2 years in but he made some friends during our range time there & found someone to sponsor him.
    There were 100 on the waiting list when he put in his name but a lot were dropped or dropped out for various reasons including no sponsor.
    I'd like to help you larryday but I'm just not eligible as a sponsor yet.
    All I can say is keep coming to the meetings & events & try to strike up a friendship with someone there, but also get your name on the waiting list in the meantime,if you haven't already, cause it may take a while to get to the top of that list.
    Sorry you're having such a hard time.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by condition1 View Post
    Any luck yet? I'm surprised by this. I am a member, and when I joined last year, all you had to do was contact Chuck, the new membership guy, and he put you on the list for new membership orientation. In fact, I just talked to him tonight, and he told me that there is a fifty-something person wait list for new membership, but I didn't hear anything about a new policy requiring sponsorship.
    They just changed the sponsorship requirements this past winter

(Montgomery County)

One of the challenges regarding the sponsorship issue at LRGC is that the sponsoring member is held liable for the conduct of the member he/she sponsors. Thus if the new member or a new member's guest commits an infraction, the sponsor is subject to the same penalty.

While I support the idea of sponsorship as it does increase range safety and insure some control over who becomes a member, I will not place my membership in jeapordy over the actions of someone I've met or shot with a half a dozen times or their guest.

Accordingly, I and many other LRGC members will only sponsor direct family members. I wish you good luck finding a sponsor. I suggest you attend as many public events as possible and network around. Perhaps you will find someone willing to sponsor you.

(Bucks County)

Talked with Chuck at the meeting Thursday night and he confirmed a member has to have been a member at least three years to sponsor someone. There is currently a 50 person waiting list and he said that meant probably 3-4 months.

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

(Bucks County)

Just about every guy I shoot with on Tuesday Nights at Conestoga in Southampton also shoots at Langhorne, Holmesburg too... they know all the players in the local shooting competitions. When I wanted to join Langhorne there was a two year waiting list. Now I hear they closed their indoor range and may not re-open it even for air rifles. Guess I'll stay where I am we shoot year round, rain or shine 24/7. if your looking to make friends and some friendly competition, come check us out !!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast