Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: SW Bodyguard's

(Montgomery County)

Default SW Bodyguard's

Looking to check out the 38 or the 380. anyone have one that can give me some reviews? I'm sure there are better options out there but for the price you can't beat it (if its worth the $400)

(Berks County)

Default Re: SW Bodyguard's

You are leaving out a lot of information when you say I suppose there are......

I have the S&W 380 which I use as a pocket gun. It has the best iron sights in it's class and has a built in laser as well. My gun is extremely accurate right out of the box. The D/A trigger pull is VERY long but not bad when you get used to it. It doesn't fit my hand as well as my XDm but is much easier to pocket carry then my XDm. All in all, I think it is probably the best of class in the 380 pocket gun field.

If this is to be your first or only gun, you might want to consider something else. I see this gun strictly as a supplement to rather then primary gun.

All of the above is strictly my opinion and you will probably get many different opinions. Best of luck with whatever you decide on!

(Montgomery County)

Sorry I did leave out some info
    be used as a carry gun, Want something small that can be hidden well/ easily.
    Saw some ads on the outdoor channel and liked the size, built in laser.
    Leaning towards the 38 revolver as I like the hammer-less feature and round retention

(Columbia County)

I have one in the 38spl but only had adout 30 rounds threw it before i had to send it back for repair they installed a new cylinder in it and had it back to me in less than a week. I like it on the other hand my wife and sister in law don’t like to shoot it because of the recoil since this a very light gun it does have a pretty good smack.

[IMG][/IMG]

(Bucks County)

i have a BG in 380 and it's probably the best gun in the pocket 380 class except for maybe the Kahr p380. the SW is the only pocket 380 that has a hammer which is a feature i like better than striker fired pistols plus the SW has useable sites whereas the ruger, keltec and taurus don't. SW dropped the price of the BG by almost a 100 bucks recently so now you can get them for as little as 350 which makes them a great buy compared to the competition. the pistol grip on the SW fits my hand much better than any of the other pocket 380's which is one of the main reasons i bought one but the Kahr pistol grip fits my hand pretty good too.

i see all the pocket pistols as strictly back up guns and wouldn't carry one as my primary. the one exception to that is when i take my boat out on the river in the summer and anything larger than a pocket pistol gets in the way.

(Montgomery County)

I have the BG380 and love it. I have not had a single jam, and feel for the price it is by far the best in its class. It is also very accurate for is small size.