Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Angry Here comes the Gun Control

Article here: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47338.html

One of the fiercest gun-control advocates in Congress, Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.), pounced on the shooting massacre in Tucson Sunday, promising to introduce legislation as soon as Monday targeting the high-capacity ammunition the gunman used.

McCarthy ran for Congress after her husband was gunned down and her son seriously injured in a shooting in 1993 on a Long Island commuter train.

“My staff is working on looking at the different legislation fixes that we might be able to do and we might be able to introduce as early as tomorrow,” McCarthy told POLITICO in a Sunday afternoon phone interview.

Gun control activists cried it was time to reform weapons laws in the United States, almost immediately after a gunman killed six and injured 14 more, including Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, in Arizona on Saturday.

Many said that people with a history of mental instability, like the alleged shooter, Jared Lee Loughner, should not be able to buy a gun — and no one should be able to buy stockpiles of ammunition used by the 22-year-old assailant.

McCarthy said she plans to confer with House Speaker John Boehner and Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi to see “if we can work something through” in the coming week.

McCarthy’s spokesman confirmed the legislation will target the high-capacity ammunition clips the Arizona gunman allegedly used in the shooting, but neither he or the congresswoman offered any further details.

“Again, we need to look at how this is going to work, to protect people, certainly citizens, and we have to look at what I can pass,” McCarthy said. “I don’t want to give the NRA – excuse the pun – the ammunition to come at me either.”

Pennsylvania Rep. Robert Brady, a Democrat from Philadelphia, told CNN that he also plans to take legislative action. He will introduce a bill that would make it a crime for anyone to use language or symbols that could be seen as threatening or violent against a federal official, including a member of Congress.

Another vocal supporter for gun control, Illinois Rep. Mike Quigley, told POLITICO that he hopes “something good” can come from the Arizona tragedy – perhaps discussion on a new assault weapon ban, sales at gun shows and tracing measures.
    I said in an earlier thread the crap would start this week, the weekend isn't even over and here we go.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Here comes the Gun Control

“Again, we need to look at how this is going to work, to protect people, certainly citizens, and we have to look at what I can pass,” McCarthy said. “I don’t want to give the NRA – excuse the pun – the ammunition to come at me either.”
    Then you better not even bother with it.

Let's reflect for a moment on a video that never gets old to remind ourselves just who we're dealing with:

Proud member of:

(Jefferson County)

Pennsylvania Rep. Robert Brady, a Democrat from Philadelphia, told CNN that he also plans to take legislative action. He will introduce a bill that would make it a crime for anyone to use language or symbols that could be seen as threatening or violent against a federal official, including a member of Congress.
    So, I'm guessing this will be losely defined, so anything from;

to;

will be deemed Threatening or Violent. Christ, what happened to Freedom of Speech and Expression?

Rep. Robert Brady, that finger is for you, that is how I feel about your willingness to tromp on our rights to express our opinions of you and your cronies in the government under the guise of supposed "safety." here's a novel thought, I can potentially kill someone in an auto accident, you should chop off my legs and arms so I can't drive. I may also be able to spit on someone, so you should sew my mouth shut while your at it, although limiting my ability to freely speak my mind is doing just that, too!

It's been a long day for me, if you can't tell...
    Man its one thing to suffer for your country, Its another to do so because of it...

(Delaware County)

Indeed, Brady's quote is the more disturbing. The rest is standard anti-gun blathering

Once again, the issue here is how we handle mental health in this country, not guns.

(Berks County)

TheFue, my thoughts exactly.

What a pompous, pretentious bastard.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post

Let's reflect for a moment on a video that never gets old to remind ourselves just who we're dealing with:

Ok that's hilarious!
    The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut that held his ground.

(Philadelphia County)

Yeah I'm more worried about Brady than that shit. What the FUCK is he smoking?

Cool Re: Here comes the Gun Control

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...mans_yard.html

Fortunately the guy was a left-wing whacko occultist ..complete with his faverite altar w a skull on it and his favorite authors being Karl Marx and Adolf Hitler.

Also there may be more to this than meets the eye:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=249381

The shooter worked for the Congresswoman's campaign in 2007:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=249381
    Last edited by Fred762; January 10th, 2011 at 08:02 AM.

(Centre County)

So when martial law's declared, do yall have enough ammo stocked up? Gee I'm glad the PA militia is strong and vibrant!
    Hunting is NOT a 2nd Amendment Activity

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post

She's a total idiot. this person is so dumb she would vote to outlaw water guns just because the word gun is there.

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast