Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: More sub forums

(Luzerne County)

Default More sub forums

Maybe like Long guns and pistol/revolvers. Maybe AR specific. I guess if you add too many it will get a little spread out. Like arfcom is way to big to get everything in at lunch break.

(Philadelphia County)

I'm hesitant about creating too many forums, but I have created pistol/rifle/shotgun forums for people with interests in those particular things.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Lycoming County)

Thumbs up

Dan,

I like the new look...new forums: pistol, rifle and shotgun...looking good here!

Thank you!
    "All the perplexities, confusion and distress in America arise, not from defects in their Constitution or Confederation, not from want of honor or virtue, so much as from the downright ignorance of the nature of coin, credit and circulation." John Adams

(Luzerne County)

This forum is shaping up nicely, but we need to spread the word it even exists....advertize to every gun owner you know in PA.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SSGF109
    This forum is shaping up nicely, but we need to spread the word it even exists....advertize to every gun owner you know in PA.
    +1 I like it here too, and I tell as many folks as I can about it. I'd love to see it really take off.
    Mike(starblazer)
    USAF vet. NRA life member. GOA life member.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by starblazer
    +1 I like it here too, and I tell as many folks as I can about it. I'd love to see it really take off.
    So far I think it's going great, it's grown much better than I expected and due to the nature of our hobby it's growing exponentially (one person joins, tells 5 more people who each tell 5 more people)

Attached is a screenshot from the google analytics from when I first started tracking hits to now, the growth is obvious in the number of visitors/pageviews
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

I've been on the boards for years now, and one thing that really turns me off to a board is too many sub-forums. I don't want to have to click 2 or 3 times to get to a topic I want to discuss. I'm hoping this board keeps growing because PA has a huge number of gun owners. AR15.com has a great forum called the Hometown forum, but it has it's limits. I'm getting the word out about this place and I hope it succeeds.

(Philadelphia County)

DANP, you should make a flyer advertising this forum. Or I could help you make it, and then have different members print it out, and take it to their local ranges.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Bucks County)

I agree, making a nice looking flyer add is a perfect idea to promote at the ranges, i am a Digital artist as well, so it would be no problem to help out!
    Drakin
    Life and Liberty, Freedom for all.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01
    DANP, you should make a flyer advertising this forum. Or I could help you make it, and then have different members print it out, and take it to their local ranges.
    doug and I are in the process of getting large circular stickers with the logo/website printed. Not sure how/what exacly we're going to do with them, but the idea is probably to get gun shops in the state to stick 'em on their window or something.