Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Snow Removal issues this year?

Anyone have any insight on what the hell is going on with snow removal this year?

Ross Township is solid as always (we rule!) but it looks like everyone else has decided to not bother? yesterday afternoon 209, 611, and most of 715 were unplowed and had snow / slush on the roads

I know the plows were out, they were DRIVING on 611 and 209, they just weren't plowing or cindering. I even watched a Stroud plow doing snow removal on the road to the Target/Home Depot. he got to 611 and raised his plow and turned off cinders...

Are we in another "budget crisis" like last year where townships have decided to just not bother plowing unless there is a ton of snow? Or are they trying to make a protest about cuts? How do you plow the side roads and not touch the mains?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Snow Removal issues this year?

If it was a Stroud township plow, they're probably not supposed to plow state roads, like 611 or any other state highway, that's left up to PennDOT.

Just a guess.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    If it was a Stroud township plow, they're probably not supposed to plow state roads, like 611 or any other state highway, that's left up to PennDOT.

Just a guess.
    Yep all state roads although if our guys are heading up or down a state road they will usually drop down the blade.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Yep all state roads although if our guys are heading up or down a state road they will usually drop down the blade.
    I watched several Penn Dot trucks driving up and down 611, none were plowing...
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

I'm off 715 north of T-ville. we're used to Penndot forgetting about us but i got good tires on the truck, no worries

however, when i went through yesterday in the morning and afternoon, 611 and 715 s were clear and plowed and 715 n of t-ville was plowed in the evening
    ONE TO THE HEAD!!!!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by MischaBurns View Post
    I'm off 715 north of T-ville. we're used to Penndot forgetting about us but i got good tires on the truck, no worries

however, when i went through yesterday in the morning and afternoon, 611 and 715 s were clear and plowed and 715 n of t-ville was plowed in the evening
    I went up to buddy's place off 209N at the bottom of the Mountain, road wasn't plowed at all. then we went to Home Depot, 611 wasn't plowed, just traffic tracks cleared. Center lane was still snow covered. this was around 2 - 3:00

715 was cleared from Tannersville south on the way home

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Center lane was still snow covered. this was around 2 - 3:00
    that explains it. i came through about 20:30
    ONE TO THE HEAD!!!!

(Monroe County)

It seems like ever since last year they have been leaving a layer of snow on the road for some reason. I remember the years prior they were on top of it. Just started noticing a difference last season.

(Bucks County)

When my father was supervisor of streets in Easton, they got paid for anything done to the state roads as long as the work [repairs not plowing] was to 'standard'...

That was a long time ago and long b/4 the budget problems...

(Monroe County)

Deredly , the wife and i took our Son to CaMELBACK for Snow boarding, 715 was ploughed but icy as if it werent even salted , on the way back just as you observed 611 was a mess, lots of snow and slush, up where i live ,Paradise point , Henryville were nice and clean, the Paradise township guys did a great job.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast