Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Tioga County)

Default JC Higgins 22 rifle

I have an old riffle that use to be my late fathers gun. Its about 70 years old. It was sold by Sears and Roebuck. JC Higgins model 103-16-22cal. Its a bolt action with a 7 shot magazine, walnut stock, and shoulder strap. It has an adjustable peep site at the bolt end and an enclosed barrel end site. I was wondering how much it was worth? Its in excellent condition.

(Centre County)

Default Re: JC Higgins 22 rifle

That model (103.16) equates to a Marlin Model 80. Many manufactures made guns for Sears (Marlin, Stevens, Fox, Springfield, Savage) and put the Sears number on it.

The Marlin Model 80 was made between 1934 and 1939. With it's variants and updates, it was made up to around 1971. It's price range (the Model 80, according to the Blue Book of Gun Values) would be between $50 and $95.

These were pretty good quality guns from what I have read. You should be able to find parts for these still.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Northampton County)

I have one that I got for $75. It has an old Bushnell 4x21mm scope - it's in excellent condition and it is superbly accurate - feeding and ejecting system is excellent - it can't jam.
    Jim Hauff H&R Collector In memory of my friends Bill Goforth and Jim Ritchie.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by technoid View Post
    I have an old riffle that use to be my late fathers gun. Its about 70 years old. It was sold by Sears and Roebuck. JC Higgins model 103-16-22cal. Its a bolt action with a 7 shot magazine, walnut stock, and shoulder strap. It has an adjustable peep site at the bolt end and an enclosed barrel end site. I was wondering how much it was worth? Its in excellent condition.
    Thanks guys. I would not sell it even if it was worth more. Dads old gun has plenty of memories for me.