Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default New to the site, just saying hi!

Hello ladies and gents,

I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section, I am still getting used to the forum layout.

I just wanted to take a second to introduce myself. My name is Ryan and I am a gun enthusiast from the KOP/Philly area. I started shooting Kimbers around 7 years ago, and have been in love with pistol shooting ever since. I have gone through all the NRA training/marksmanship programs and look forward to improving my accuracy.

I dont get to shoot nearly as much as I would like due to work/life etc, but I am trying to find more time.

I currently carry a German issued Walther PPK .32 auto. I am in the market for a new/used Kimber TLE/RL or Gold Combat. I have been searching for a while and havent found "the one" quite yet.

I am also a big gear head, which is how I found this site in the first place. I look forward to learning more from the site, browsing for guns, and meeting some new people.

I am used to car forums, so I should be able to get used to this forum pretty quickly. Hope everyone had a good holiday/New Year, and I look forward to being a contributing member here at PAFOA.

Cheers everyone,

Ryan

(Chester County)

Default Re: New to the site, just saying hi!

welcome to the forum! I'm from chester county as well where do you shoot?
    WHEN DEMOCRACY TURNS TO TYRANNY, THE ARMED CITIZEN STILL GETS TO VOTE

(Chester County)

well I have been moving recently due to work. but when I am in that area I usually shoot at French Creek Outfitters since I have family members with a membership. I have been meaning to get out to targetmasters and some of the other local gun ranges. unfortunately work has become the priority recently, but I am trying to get back into the game asap!

once i find the kimber I want, i will be shooting more regularly. the ppk is fun, but only at close range for a short period of time.

where do you normally shoot at? Thanks for the welcome!

(Monroe County)

Welcome to the forum. Might wanna try here for a Kimber: http://forum.pafoa.org/search.php?searchid=2725881

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1911_Evo_Guy View Post
    Hello ladies and gents,

I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section, I am still getting used to the forum layout.

I just wanted to take a second to introduce myself. My name is Ryan and I am a gun enthusiast from the KOP/Philly area. I started shooting Kimbers around 7 years ago, and have been in love with pistol shooting ever since. I have gone through all the NRA training/marksmanship programs and look forward to improving my accuracy.

I dont get to shoot nearly as much as I would like due to work/life etc, but I am trying to find more time.

I currently carry a German issued Walther PPK .32 auto. I am in the market for a new/used Kimber TLE/RL or Gold Combat. I have been searching for a while and havent found "the one" quite yet.

I am also a big gear head, which is how I found this site in the first place. I look forward to learning more from the site, browsing for guns, and meeting some new people.

I am used to car forums, so I should be able to get used to this forum pretty quickly. Hope everyone had a good holiday/New Year, and I look forward to being a contributing member here at PAFOA.

Cheers everyone,

Ryan
    OMG !!! Stop posting right now and get a lawye.......... Never mind! Welcome aboard.

(Chester County)

I shoot at target master since its only like 15 minutes from my apartment. I would like to get up to french creek eventually though. target master is ok when its not busy. how ever some of the people that go there scare me. the last time I went I had a father and son next to me and I heard " no johnny don't point it that way" it was very interesting to say the least
    WHEN DEMOCRACY TURNS TO TYRANNY, THE ARMED CITIZEN STILL GETS TO VOTE

(Chester County)

very nice. yes, that is not a good feeling. I am all for people teaching their kids the proper and safe way to handle a gun, but some of the basics should be covered before they go to a range with live fire, would have made me nervous!

thanks for the search link for the kimber. I looked around and havent found any for sale. im not in a rush (though impatient for sure) so I am just going to keep on looking.

anyone here shoot with a light/laser on the rail? how does it compare to a standard issue 1911? I know its double the thickness in regards to the dust cover, a little more weighted helping with recoil, but I personally have shot a 1911 w/ a tactical rail and one w/o one back to back. any insight would be appreciated!

nice meeting some of you, thanks for the warm welcome!