Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun shopping

Default Gun shopping

I'm looking for a new handgun. After doing some homework I'm leaning toward the FN 5.7. Does anyone have any history with this pistol, good, bad or indifferent?? And is it possible to purchase one new for under $1000? How expensive is the ammo??

Thanx
    Guns are like condoms. It's better to have and not need then to need and not have.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Gun shopping

Ammo is about $24.00 for 50 rnds. The gun is fun to shoot with minimal recoil. The were going for right around $1000.00 at the Split Rock gun show.

Thanx, I heard something like that from someone else. But it's not a popular gun so it's hard to find someone who owns one or who has shot one. I usually by my ammo from Walmart or local gun stores. Is the 5.7 a round that's usually stocked??
    Guns are like condoms. It's better to have and not need then to need and not have.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cteaglesfan View Post
    Thanx, I heard something like that from someone else. But it's not a popular gun so it's hard to find someone who owns one or who has shot one. I usually by my ammo from Walmart or local gun stores. Is the 5.7 a round that's usually stocked??
    I don't think I've ever seen 5.7 at Wally World, but its not too hard to find at most gun stores. It is very pricey though, compaired to other pistol calibers. What makes you want to buy the Five Seven? Just curious, I've been eyeing up a PS90 for awhile myself.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by cteaglesfan View Post
    no to ammo at walmart, i have one and its fun to shoot... too big to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by bac0nfat View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen 5.7 at Wally World, but its not too hard to find at most gun stores. It is very pricey though, compaired to other pistol calibers. What makes you want to buy the Five Seven? Just curious, I've been eyeing up a PS90 for awhile myself.
    get the PS90, you wont regret it nothing beats 50rd bullpup with the recoil of a 5.7 rd
    "you cant fight zombies with good intentions"

My Feedback:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/98731-cmr076.html

The PS90 looks SEXY but it looks to be a bit much. You said it was too large to carry?? It doesn't look it. I live in CT, I'm having trouble finding dealers. Though i'm sure one of the store that I frequent can order it for me, at a price.

Quote Originally Posted by bac0nfat View Post
    No particular reason for wanting the 5.7. I saw a write up on it in a magazine and it caught my attention. It its a stray from the typical 9mm, .40 etc.

(Allegheny County)

i won one of the FN 57's on a gun ticket two months ago. picked up 200 rounds for it and it is a blast to shoot. only problem i have is they don't make holsters for it outside of Blackhawk......... so my buddys at Atomic Dog Holsters are gonna make me one as soon as i can get the gun to them.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

If you like long distance pistol shooting, this one will fit the bill, perfectly. Also, it is very easy to rapid fire this sucker at 25 yds. and continuosly make solid torso shots. Ammo is not cheap.

(Monroe County)

Very fun to shoot. light as anything. They are large guns ( about service sized) so a little harder to conceal. Ammo is about 20$ a box if you buy it in bulk. But then again 45 acp aint far from that anymore.

here is one next to a Springfield XDM.

Not small in the least.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast