Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default One-on-One instructor for basic pistol education?

Hello everyone.

Are there any instructors on the board here, or any that anyone knows of, that would be willing to teach a complete beginner the absolute basics of handgun operation, maintenance, etc. but who would be willing to do so on a one-on-one basis?

I ask because I have a rather rigid schedule (family, work, and school commitments) and so typically the NRA courses that are offered at most sportsmen's clubs and the like do not fit my schedule. I need someone who is rather FLEXIBLE in their scheduling and would be willing to teach on a one-on-one basis. I would prefer an NRA certified instructor or someone who has a background in law enforcement or who has otherwise proven their qualification for teaching.

Additionally, if they were located somewhere near York, Lancaster, Harrisburg, or maybe even Philadelphia (as I commute to school there a few times a week), that would be ideal.

If you, or anyone you know, fits the the bill, please either respond to this thread or private message me.

Thanks in advance.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: One-on-One instructor for basic pistol education?

Not sure how far for you, but he offers one-on-one coaching. Not sure how many people do that.

http://www.lowspeed-highdrag.com/

(Lancaster County)

We offer private training. Feel free to send me a PM or e-mail at pgroff@directactiontactical.com, for details.

We are based in Lancaster but we can travel to wherever is conveniant for you and our schedule is likewise flexible.
    "When Knowledge Counts and Experience Matters"

(Montgomery County)

I'm not any of those things. I wrote a thread called teds shooting guide that is loaded with all the best stuff I have read on the basics of handgun safety and shooting. I suggest reading that. If you want someone that has safety equipment you can borrow and quite a bit of experience in teaching beginners safe handling and firing I'd be more than happy to assist you for free. I'm in upper pottsgrove.

Quote Originally Posted by stud40111 View Post
    Hello everyone.

Are there any instructors on the board here, or any that anyone knows of, that would be willing to teach a complete beginner the absolute basics of handgun operation, maintenance, etc. but who would be willing to do so on a one-on-one basis?

I ask because I have a rather rigid schedule (family, work, and school commitments) and so typically the NRA courses that are offered at most sportsmen's clubs and the like do not fit my schedule. I need someone who is rather FLEXIBLE in their scheduling and would be willing to teach on a one-on-one basis. I would prefer an NRA certified instructor or someone who has a background in law enforcement or who has otherwise proven their qualification for teaching.

Additionally, if they were located somewhere near York, Lancaster, Harrisburg, or maybe even Philadelphia (as I commute to school there a few times a week), that would be ideal.

If you, or anyone you know, fits the the bill, please either respond to this thread or private message me.

Thanks in advance.

We offer one-on-one training, but Virginia may be a bit far for you to drive.

(York County)

I thank all of you for your responses.

I will contact several of you to determine who best fits my needs.

Thanks to everyone again.

(Berks County)

There are 2 excellent NRA Certified Instructors who are a team and teach by private instruction in the Reading area. I talked to a new shooter who took the course and were very pleased with the level of professionalism and expertise. She gave me the information. The lady's name is Margaret and her number is 610-670-6727. Good luck.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by stud40111 View Post
    Hello everyone.

Thanks in advance.
    We are in Bucks County, PA just north of Philadlelphia. We offer one on one training.

Gregory R. Brown
    Deputy Chief, Training Division
    Team Life, Inc.
    NRA Instructor, Chief Range Safety Officer
    Utah CFP Instructor
    451 Veit Road
    Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania 19006
    info@team-life.org
    www.team-life.org