Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Montco Sheriff Dept SUX

Quote Originally Posted by -JD- View Post
    FWIW, Unofficial results show Behr(R) beating Holt(D) by a slim but solid margin:

http://webapp.montcopa.org/election/...n%20Result.htm
    On the surface this seems like a good thing, but do we know if Behr supports eliminating the illegal check card requirement for LTCF applicants? If not, then from an LTCF perspective this might just be an even swap.

On a related note, Lehigh Sheriff Rossi got re-elected, again...
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    On the surface this seems like a good thing, but do we know if Behr supports eliminating the illegal check card requirement for LTCF applicants? If not, then from an LTCF perspective this might just be an even swap.

On a related note, Lehigh Sheriff Rossi got re-elected, again...
    Actually, Holt was the FOAC endorsed candidate. Behr was appointed sometime in the spring for the interim. I have no info if Holt was "better" or not, Behr simply may not have gone on record with responses. (ETA: if Behr is on-board with eliminating the check card then it will be easy. Hopefully, she might be more inclined to do it now that the election is resolved and it won't be a threat as a campaign issue for a while )

Regardless, looks like Montco will be dealing with Behr.

On a related note, looks like Rep. Josh Shapiro(D), Supervisor Leslie Richards(D), and existing Commissioner Bruce Castor(R) will be the new commissioners. How and if that will affect how things work out remains to be seen.
    Last edited by -JD-; November 9th, 2011 at 11:48 AM.
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

Quote Originally Posted by -JD- View Post
    Actually, Holt was the FOAC endorsed candidate. Behr was appointed sometime in the spring for the interim. I have no info if Holt was "better" or not, Behr simply may not have gone on record with responses. (ETA: if Behr is on-board with eliminating the check card then it will be easy. Hopefully, she might be more inclined to do it now that the election is resolved and it won't be a threat as a campaign issue for a while )

Regardless, looks like Montco will be dealing with Behr.

On a related note, looks like Rep. Josh Shapiro(D), Supervisor Leslie Richards(D), and existing Commissioner Bruce Castor(R) will be the new commissioners. How and if that will affect how things work out remains to be seen.
    Agreed that we won't know until she moves forward. I can say that Holt was not a favorite among the deputies. I know a deputy very well and they are VERY uneasy about how many things were being handled, pre-Behr. Behr came in and started rewriting and eliminating many of these processes. So she's not using the "good-ol-boy" approach. i'll get slammed for this, but I honestly believe that a female president is the only way the good-ol-boy politics will be eliminated. I can't say I've found the right female candidate, but this cycle has to end.

Behr had been on record as saying that she will sign off on NFA items. She was running it past county attorneys, to ensure I's were dotted and Ts were crossed. So, my guess was she is our best bet to have the ID card removed as well. Time will tell
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

(Lehigh County)

Ahh - well I guess it could all be worse

(Lehigh County)

Ok we are currently going thru the process of getting the G/f to get her LTCF from montgomery county - the Lower Salford PD has been dicking her around for like a month. She has no criminal record but with this police check card BS it's a major PITA. They have said "come back later" about 4 time)

I have an audio recording from their exchange on mu recorer. I can post if needed. But the jist of it is:

She asked the man behind the counter why only Montgomery county does this police check card in PA, the guy goes "every county in the state does it there own way." FUCKING FALSE!!!!!!!!!!!! The UFA set standards which apparently don't apply ÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

the sheriff is on vacation all week and will be back on monday, then she has to get the paper from them and take the paper to Noirristown Courtouse
    Last edited by Storm88000; December 30th, 2011 at 01:26 AM.

(Delaware County)

He she shim or it. Whatever the sheriff is

My post from the other thread

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    Sorry man, but you get no sympathy from me.
    You are under no obligation to assist or perform any background check on yourself. It is the Sheriffs job. If he feels his investigation should require a police check card, HE can pay for it and HE can spend the time to pursue it.
    As long as he issues your LTCF within 45 days.

Again, I don't feel the least bit sorry for you.
    Stop being a lapdog, put on your big boy pants and stand up for yourself.

If you disagree and still feel the desire to obey illegal, yes illegal demands...
    Go for it, but complaining on here will not get you a cookie.

If you want to sue the Sheriff, your first donation will be from me

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Storm88000 View Post
    Ok we are currently going thru the process of getting the G/f to get her LTCF from montgomery county - the Lower Salford PD has been dicking her around for like a month. She has no criminal record but with this police check card BS it's a major PITA. They have said "come back later" about 4 time)

I have an audio recording from their exchange on mu recorer. I can post if needed. But the jist of it is:

She asked the man behind the counter why only Montgomery county does this police check card in PA, the guy goes "every county in the state does it there own way." FUCKING FALSE!!!!!!!!!!!! The UFA set standards which apparently don't apply ÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

the sheriff is on vacation all week and will be back on monday, then she has to get the paper from them and take the paper to Noirristown Courtouse
    Keep in mind since New Years is on Sunday a lot of places who offer the Holiday are giving folks off this Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    He she shim or it. Whatever the sheriff is

My post from the other thread
    Yes, because when you go to court justice is always served

Law is about interpretation...and it doesn't always go in one's favor.

Even with a jury things go stupid. Jesus couldn't keep twelve men happy. If He couldn't convince twelve men, what are our chances? Easier to work on one person, such as the sherrif.

The bottom line is people are the best way to affect change, not courts. We elected a new sheriff and she was our best bet to have changes made to this process. If she's not the right person, then we need to make a change at the next elections. I will that from what I've heard, she had already made significant changes to how things are done at the courthouse, so we'll see.

People need to get off their arses and vote the right folks into office. This is a nationwide problem and we are the only ones to blame for the mess that is our government. Ok, I'm stepping down off the soapbox.
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

(Delaware County)

Well said. Voting in key

But there is work to be done between elections

(Lehigh County)

Almost 2 months, still nothing. Waiting for the sheriff's dept to "call" as they said they would last week but still haven't.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567