Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Montco Sheriff Dept SUX

at least you don't live in philly. My police check card took less than a week. I picked it up at my local pd, took it to norristown and was in and out in less than a half hour. It is a pain in the ass though. I thought you didn't need the check card to renew?
    Now less Glock, more H&K :)

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmaster View Post
    at least you don't live in philly. My police check card took less than a week. I picked it up at my local pd, took it to norristown and was in and out in less than a half hour. It is a pain in the ass though. I thought you didn't need the check card to renew?
    You don't need a police check card at all

Making you do that is in violation of state law

I know you guys want your licenses, but allowing the PDs to illegally fingerprint you, interview you, require a police check card, document your tattoos, etc is only reinforcing to them that their illegal activities are acceptable
    Last edited by BimmerJon; January 30th, 2011 at 05:16 AM.

Keep on allowing the Sheriff's to break the law and you will find yourself without any LTCF in the future. Utah is attempting to change their law to require a license from your home state before they issue. Who knows if this will pass. If it does pretty soon you will find other states will follow. Don't assume just because one sheriff follows the law more than another that this is permissible. The law is the law and needs to be followed 100%.

(Delaware County)

Well, they still haven't got their shit together. Did my renewal easy enough, but I was totally able to bypass security again in the exact manner I warned them about previously.

(Montgomery County)

When you call for info they try to give as little as possible.They figure if it is too much of a pain you will give up. Never give up!!!

(Erie County)

It took me one day to get my PD check card done, drove to Norristown and had my LTCF half an hour later.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeanut View Post
    It took me one day to get my PD check card done, drove to Norristown and had my LTCF half an hour later.
    My wife dropped of her car at Lower Providence PD. took 3 weeks to get it back. Chief on vacation, blah, blah, blah.
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

(Lehigh County)

G/F lives in Montgomery county and was inquiring about getting her's too. Where does one get the PD check card? I'm only familiar with the Lehigh Valley and Pocono counties procedures.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm88000 View Post
    G/F lives in Montgomery county and was inquiring about getting her's too. Where does one get the PD check card? I'm only familiar with the Lehigh Valley and Pocono counties procedures.
    Not that I agree with this practice, but to answer your question, you can DL one here:
    Local Police Check Form

Other Montco LTCF process details here.

(Montgomery County)

That all sounds a little strange. I moved here from NJ less than 2 months ago. I was told to go to the local police station and fill out the background check form. It took 2-days for them to complete the check. Once it was complete, I picked up the stamped form and took it to the sheriffs office. Unfortunately it was after 4:30 and they stop doing the permits around 3:30pm. They took my application though and said they would call me when it was ready. They phoned 2 days later and told me to come pick up my permit. The cost was $20.00. They took the photo and also laminated my permit. It was a very easy process and they could not have been nicer all around.

Of course I come from a state that was in no way firearm friendly, and the process I had to go through for each individual firearm was crazy.... so I guess anything less than that is great.

Sorry you had such a hard time. Sounds like you received some poor information going in. Check out the links on the Montgomery County Sheriff Departments website. I followed the instructions to a T and had no issue.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast