Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default denied purchase of a firearm

it was a legit reason of denial. i was adjudicated delinquent when i was 13 for burglary and theft in Florida. my question is how do i get PA to not use it against me? how can i get my denials overturned? i am 21 i have been in no trouble since then, not even a single speeding ticket. i have me Associates degree in criminal justice because i wanted to become a police officer but well i cant do that either since i cant even touch a gun. what can i do? Florida will not expunge burglary because they consider it a violent felony even if it was adjudicated. pardon will take 3-5 years in Florida. does anyone know anything i can do?

(Chester County)

Default Re: denied purchase of a firearm

Take an English class and live with your decision to rob someone of their possessions.
    Hoplophobia is funny

(Delaware County)

Why would you go to college for a degree in CJ with a felony? lol

(Mercer County)

see this is where people like you need to learn something. not everyone lives a perfect life and everyone and i mean EVERYONE does something in life that is wrong. not if they get caught thats a different story. the fact that they change and prove they have changed and people that are like YOU still hold it against them that isn't right. i was a child and was influenced by the older kids in the neighborhood. i still did it and it was my fault that i let them get to me. i paid my price and i took nothing from that house. i paid back over 25 thousand dollars back to the owner of the house and the state. and you dont think i deserve a second chance. you sir are a P.O.S.

i got a degree to do better. and i didn't know at the time that it was still being used against me. i was told by the courts that it was to disappear when i turned 18. well that didn't happen.

(Jefferson County)

There is no way to get the denial reversed for the purchase of the gun without first fixing what caused it.

If you were adjudicated and either plead, was found guilty, or plead Nolo-Contendere(no contest) - you're phucked with a capital F. If you plead "nolo-contendere" and had adjudication withheld you would be allowed to possess right now.

I cant remember how the juvenile aspect of it pans out in FL law, but I know some of the more severe crimes do not get sealed/expunged when you turn 18. Burglary is a forcible felony in Florida, just like murder and rape - to which you could have been shot while caught in the act of.

...anyhow, your only recourse is to petition for a pardon from the Governor of Florida. You are prohibited for life from possessing, touching, buying, owning a gun and ammunition across the entire United States.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpasley89 View Post
    see this is where people like you need to learn something. not everyone lives a perfect life and everyone and i mean EVERYONE does something in life that is wrong. not if they get caught thats a different story. the fact that they change and prove they have changed and people that are like YOU still hold it against them that isn't right. i was a child and was influenced by the older kids in the neighborhood. i still did it and it was my fault that i let them get to me. i paid my price and i took nothing from that house. i paid back over 25 thousand dollars back to the owner of the house and the state. and you dont think i deserve a second chance. you sir are a P.O.S.

i got a degree to do better. and i didn't know at the time that it was still being used against me. i was told by the courts that it was to disappear when i turned 18. well that didn't happen.
    Stop posting and consult an attorney.

I'm not saying stop posting because you're posting something that could be legally construed against you, I'm just sick of seeing your posting style. You have a degree and you write like a 3yr old.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    There is no way to get the denial reversed for the purchase of the gun without first fixing what caused it.

If you were adjudicated and either plead, was found guilty, or plead Nolo-Contendere(no contest) - you're phucked with a capital F. If you plead "nolo-contendere" and had adjudication withheld you would be allowed to possess right now.

I cant remember how the juvenile aspect of it pans out in FL law, but I know some of the more severe crimes do not get sealed/expunged when you turn 18. Burglary is a forcible felony in Florida, just like murder and rape - to which you could have been shot while caught in the act of.

...anyhow, your only recourse is to petition for a pardon from the Governor of Florida. You are prohibited for life from possessing, touching, buying, owning a gun and ammunition across the entire United States.
    that is not true about being prohibited across the U.S. it varies from state to state. i plead no contest in the best interest and adjudication was withheld. i am not denied through NICS just PICS. the FBI doesn't deny me and i am not prohibited through them. just the state check
    Last edited by mpasley89; January 3rd, 2011 at 02:48 PM.

(Lehigh County)

Doing something just plain "wrong" is a far cry from committing BURGLARY, or other violent felonies.

You need to accept the fact that in order to get your second-chance you have to abide by the rules of the legal system, one of those rules means getting rights restored the difficult and expensive way, even if that means your only hope is a pardon. You need a lawyer, complaining about your situation here won't help.

That's if you're even being honest, for all we know you're just a troll. Your second post suggests that's all you may be, and if not it definitely suggests that perhaps you aren't yet ready for your second chance.

(Delaware County)

that is not true about being prohibited across the U.S. it varies from state to state. i plead no contest in the best interest and adjudication was withheld. i am not denied through NICS just PICS. the FBI doesn't deny me and i am not prohibited through them. just the state check
    PICS also does a NICS check.

Was this a crime that could have carried a 1 year jail sentence?

Under Pennsylvania law, a State background check (which will include a NICS check) must be conducted for all firearms transactions, even if the purchaser has a valid license to carry. --- from http://www.atf.gov/press/releases/19...brady-law.html
    Last edited by NS145; January 3rd, 2011 at 03:17 PM. Reason: added PA NICS Letter

(Lancaster County)

i am not denied through NICS just PICS. the FBI doesn't deny me and i am not prohibited through them. just the state check
    What!?! Please explain that in detail.

...and then stop posting and consult an attorney.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast