Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Just for fun

(Cumberland County)

Default Just for fun

Have a gift certificate that is burning a whole in my pocket and want to get something different/fun. I was thinking either a Draco AK47 or a Masterpiece Defender 9 mini - both the same price - $ 375 new. Anyone own either or have any thoughts. Like I said, want for "fun" only, just looking for thoughts.
    Thanks all !

Default Re: Just for fun

Don't settle for a cheap AK. The Masterpiece Arms 9mm you are speaking of is a fun gun to shoot, and it is well made. I used to own an MPA 30, but I needed a shotgun and traded it for a Win. 1300 Speed Pump. Don't go to the range without 2 or 3 hundred rounds, though, if you get one. It can be addictive. If you want an AK, save some more and get a good one.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    Don't settle for a cheap AK. The Masterpiece Arms 9mm you are speaking of is a fun gun to shoot, and it is well made. I used to own an MPA 30, but I needed a shotgun and traded it for a Win. 1300 Speed Pump. Don't go to the range without 2 or 3 hundred rounds, though, if you get one. It can be addictive. If you want an AK, save some more and get a good one.
    Thanks for the info ! I know the Draco is a pretty cheap AK but I haven't heard many complaints - do you know of any issues in particular - I appreciate it !

(Northampton County)

DRACO/ Romarm - HUGE muzzle flash and blast - difficult to aim - Fun? Yes they are.
    Jim Hauff H&R Collector In memory of my friends Bill Goforth and Jim Ritchie.

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Thanks for the info ! I know the Draco is a pretty cheap AK but I haven't heard many complaints - do you know of any issues in particular - I appreciate it !
    Just that some nit picking things come loose and the fit and finish are not very good. I did read an article on it when I got an AK itch (never bought one, as of yet) that it is well built, but crude, what ever that means. I have seen a few in my area, and as the other poster said, "Big Muzzle flash."

Something I was thinking about...Since I think shooting a Red Ryder is fun, just take a look at the option of a Taurus PT 92 (this is a pistol that even the critics think is a good gun) with a couple of 32 round mags from one of the Wal Mart style gun shops. You get the high capacity, along with a proven pistol, and a lifetime warranty to boot. Main thing here is, it can be aimed and used for self defense like any other pistol, but with extra rds. on tap for if the S really HTF