Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Tioga County)

Default Good Trail Camera?

Wasnt sure where to post this, so here it is.

We have been having ALOT of problems with people/4wheelers/dirtbikes on our posted private property. Do you guys think that a trail camera would help show possible suspects, and possiblity of how often they go in and out?

And what would be a good camera for this as both my wife and I work full time and cant go and just sit and wait.... Anything would be great. Thanks.

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Good Trail Camera?

Unless you want to spend $500 on a camera about the best you can do is the Bushnell Trophy. You can catch them on sale for under $200 if you look around. I would think that most people on bikes are going to be wearing helmets though so I don't know how much good it will do you.

(Beaver County)

I just bought 3 for the same reason, look at game view and moultre they work really well and all were under 100.00. Infer red flash and they hold 2000 pics with a 2mg card. I have them watching areas around the farm and certain buildings, have already caught the first thieves so they have payed for themselves. Get a couple of cards and it keeps you from bringing the units home to view. You can disguise them easy or hide them in a bird house or some such. Good luck and have fun with them. Mtn Jack
    In a world of compromise some men dont.

(Monroe County)

I'd be really surprised if they work, normally the trigger speed isn't sufficient to catch anything moving at a good speed.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Wyoming County)

Bushnell Trophy even on the video settings could id a suspect. Check the bobcat video at night I have was taking with a Bushnell Trophy.

edit: You can also use it for hunting.
    Last edited by shooker8; January 2nd, 2011 at 03:25 PM.
    "I quote no authors but God and experience" Principles Osteopathy

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I'd be really surprised if they work, normally the trigger speed isn't sufficient to catch anything moving at a good speed.

My inital thought as well.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Butler County)

wildgame innovation makes a nice small sized camera for around $100 have used the video feature on mine but that would prob work better than stills.
    Last edited by davem; January 2nd, 2011 at 08:31 PM.

(Beaver County)

If the perp is coming to the unit or away it takes very good pictures, you just have to adjust for the trail or area you are in. Think outside the box, you will be able to figure it out after some set ups. Junk piles, old tires, hollow logs are good hiding places. Hide them well or they go missing. I have yet to have Mrs Mtn Jack find my spots. Had some funny pictures of her trying to find the cameras, i have way to much stuff sitting around. Oh well spring is coming.
    In a world of compromise some men dont.

(Tioga County)

thanks for all the replys!! im right around the $100 price for what i can afford... There is only one way that i have found their tracks in and out. SO i will have to look around and see what i can find the cam in/around.

Where did you guys buy your camera's from?
    And once used for this, i will be using them for hunting. Ive always wanted one anyways so...

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by hesserdude07 View Post
    thanks for all the replys!! im right around the $100 price for what i can afford... There is only one way that i have found their tracks in and out. SO i will have to look around and see what i can find the cam in/around.

Where did you guys buy your camera's from?
    And once used for this, i will be using them for hunting. Ive always wanted one anyways so...
    you try blocking the trail and putting a bunch of no trespassing signs?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.