Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Default Re: Need a good spot for Coyote and Groundhog

This thread is full of aspergers.

As to where to hunt coyotes in York and Adams counties? Try public lands in western Adams. Not alot of coyotes in York county- yet. Groundhogs are in profusion in York county, so you may want to ask farmers if you can spring hunt them in soy fields before the soy grows too much for you to see the dens. Farmers HATE groundhogs in soy fields.
    Last edited by XD40coyote; January 7th, 2011 at 08:07 PM.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by Koli01 View Post
    For once I am siding with the new guy (OP).

He basically said in his op that he does not hunt deer. The first answer he gets on here is "Where do you hunt Deer?"

And one of the next answers is that he should hunt deer.

I wish people would read and understand posts before they answered them.

Oh yeah, how about this answer... Ask around.
    That's what he is trying to do here.

Sheeeesh!

Oh,
    sorry op
    can't help you on a location where you might find a place to hunt vermin.
    but i can offer you this advice
    you will find them where they are.
    you can shoot them where they live.
    deer is good food.
    maybe if you post the question in a forum someone could lead you in the right direction.
    just tryin to help
    Actually I know where they are but getting permission to shoot is another story. Thanks for taking my post for face value. Sometimes, one has to wonder what goes through someone's mind when they read something.

(Washington County)

Did you take an HTE course? Do you have a hunting license? Being that you don't hunt I would start there.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by jaron3 View Post
    Did you take an HTE course? Do you have a hunting license? Being that you don't hunt I would start there.
    I've had my license since 1971, when i lived in Maryland. As I said in my original post, i'm not a meat hunter. That doesn't mean I never hunted, that means i never hunted exclusively for meat. I've hunted goose and duck but a little too greasy for me. I hunted pheasant but they're dry. I hunted deer but as I also mentioned, I prefer beef. I've hunted fox at night but I've never hunted coyote and would like to try it. I lost my groundhog spot due to housing developements so it's that I'm in search of too. I hunted a 600 acre field with a swale through the middle so it's a large spot like that I'd be interested in finding. I use a Ruger Hawkeye all weather in 25-06 and also reload my own ammunition. If there is any more odd recomendations other than a good farm that has hogs and a woodline, spare me.

(Delaware County)

Do you have a place that you hunt deer?
    In the above sentence, the word "you" might just be asking if you knew a location where deer hunting might be taking place. I don't hunt deer either but I did learn from the poster that coyote's are found in the same areas as deer. And if someone didn't exactly understand your precise requirments? It would almost appear that you could be a little more appreciative for someone who took the time to give an answer, but that's just my first impression.

Quote Originally Posted by 18mm View Post
    I guess someone just needs to understand what I typed and not assume i hunt anything other than varmints, as stated in my post.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by smitty56 View Post
    Do you have a place that you hunt deer?
    In the above sentence, the word "you" might just be asking if you knew a location where deer hunting might be taking place. I don't hunt deer either but I did learn from the poster that coyote's are found in the same areas as deer. And if someone didn't exactly understand your precise requirments? It would almost appear that you could be a little more appreciative for someone who took the time to give an answer, but that's just my first impression.
    That would read, "Do you know a place to hunt deer?"
    This has turned into quite the task so I'm not too sure I'm at the right place

(York County)

That would read, "Do you know a place to hunt deer?"
    This has turned into quite the task so I'm not too sure I'm at the right place
    Agreed. A little tact can go a long way especially when responding to someone who has tried giving you advice. While some advice/opinions is quite useless, shrug it off and move on. Many people (myself included) have read OP's and completely missed a key point and posted something that was not at all needed, normally it is simply brought to light and move on.

The fact that you not 'necessarily a meat hunter" doesn't mean that you wouldn't have a place to deer hunt, as you later posted you did at one time hunt deer. Many guys on this forum do have some good and helpful information on many aspects from hunting to firearms in general, but criticizing anyone who posts on your thread for not being dead on is not going to get you anywhere.
    "Skin that'n pilgrim, and I'll git ya another"

(Washington County)

I will, and I hope that everyone else on this site will as well, spare you. Myself, I will spare you the information and experience that I've learned through the years. There are many techniques to use to gain permission to hunt a specific property. One of which is being a nice and respectful person. Which you are not hense your problem gaining permission.

Your op was quite vague and ubrupt. I think what we were trying to do was get a few more specifics about your needs so we could help you accordingly. However, your attitude surely put a stop to that. Good luck to you. Or not. It doesn't really matter.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by jaron3 View Post
    I will, and I hope that everyone else on this site will as well, spare you. Myself, I will spare you the information and experience that I've learned through the years. There are many techniques to use to gain permission to hunt a specific property. One of which is being a nice and respectful person. Which you are not hense your problem gaining permission.

Your op was quite vague and ubrupt. I think what we were trying to do was get a few more specifics about your needs so we could help you accordingly. However, your attitude surely put a stop to that. Good luck to you. Or not. It doesn't really matter.
    You're exactly right. I certainly can use tact and have received permission but when a simple interpretation becomes so difficult that I receive misinformation because a simple question can't be understood, I have reached the point where I indeed agree with you. It really doesn't matter.

(Perry County)

You're exactly right. I certainly can use tact and have received permission but when a simple interpretation becomes so difficult that I receive misinformation because a simple question can't be understood, I have reached the point where I indeed agree with you. It really doesn't matter.
    Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast