Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default French Creek Outfitters Range Trip

Had a great night shooting down in French Creek Outfitters last night. I'm not from the area I live in Reading but a friend of mine lives there so I decided to go meet him and hit the range. He does have a fire arm but its not registered nor does he have a LTCF. So he used my XDSC9mm. Great night put over 170rds. As I was shooting and talking to my buddies I noticed a guy to my right had dead aim on his targets and was shooting a Glock 23. I gave advice to my friend and as I did the guy next to me asked if I shoot for IDPA I told him no but I was very intrested. So we got talking and we both found out we were members on this forum. Talked about Open Carry vs. CC, holsters, ammo. it was really nice to meet a fellow member. Only problem is..... never got his name or screen name. So if your reading this. Hit me up and we can shoot again some time. It was great to meet ya.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: French Creek Outfitters Range Trip

Just a heads' up...

Firearms are not "registered" in PA. The bottom line is whether or not your friend is legally allowed to own/possess one (is not a prohibited person) and the weapon itself is "legal" (used advisedly) in that it is not stolen, does not have its S/N defaced and was acquired through proper channels (the last may be hard to prove either way, as with a gun transferred from parent to child or grandchild or a gun brought with him if he moved to PA from another state, in which cases there may not be any transfer paperwork but his ownership would be legal).

Transport of a firearm to and from a range is also legal, without an LTCF, provided the statutes regarding such transport are followed. An LTCF is not required to own or purchase a firearm.