Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Snyder County)

Default How often do you have a new love?

I've fell in love with the Glock 19 back on October 21 and really thought she was the one for me. I picked up a 1911 on November 3rd thinking that maybe it would be a better companion for me, but nope... the Glock still stays by my side more. November 8th was the day the Taurus 94 came home since I just needed a squirrel pistol and somehow on November 13th I find myself buying a Colt Trooper MK III to be my deer pistol. I wasn't really looking for a deer pistol but it was hard to pass up since it reminded me of the days back when I was 13 and had a Crosman 357 CO2 gun. After picking up the Colt the love for revolvers started again and I had thoughts that the S&W 327 TRR8 could be my new love. A week or so later I was chatting with Erik at Middlecreek Shooting Supply, I mentioned to him that I loved the looks of the CZ 85 Combat Duotone model and not knowing which model I was talking about, looked it up on his computer. He told me that his one supplier only had one left but I told him that I just couldn't purchase it at the moment. Well, another week goes by and I stop by to see Erik again to pickup some 38 special bullets to reload and low and behold what is that I see in his pistol case... The CZ 85 Combat Duotone. Erik told me that since it was the last one his supplier had at the moment he had to order it but I still believe he ordered it to tempt me. Well... He pulled it from the case and automatically I fell head over heels for this gun. Holding her in my hands made me feel young again and lucky for me, he had a layway plan.
    Yesterday I brought her home, ran 50 rounds through her and I can officially say, I have a new love.

So... a question for you all, how often do you have a new love and what inspired you to have the love you have now?

Of course this post would be worthless without pics

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: How often do you have a new love?

Cripes. Every time I go to a group shoot I fall in love with something.
    So "monthly" would be my answer.

BTW me likey the CZ!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lancaster County)

Monthly?? I wish! The internet has made it several times a week. Although counseling and medication are helping to control...barely.

(Blair County)

If it goes boom when you pull the trigger...what's not to love? Haha
    "Improvise. Adapt. Overcome."

(Allegheny County)

Not a huge fan of non-surplus CZ's, but that is a damned nice looking gun.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Cumberland County)

^^^^^^^^^
    What he said.

My problem is a lot of the time I fall in love with the idea of a gun. For instance, I've been toying with the idea of a Glock 36, because I love the Glock feel and durability, and I believe I shoot well with them. I've also been looking for something slimmer than your typical double stack, so that makes it appeal to me as well.

However, then I think about it, and wonder, "What else is slim and durable?" So I look over 17000 other guns, and I'll be in love with something else in a week or so.

The 36 just isn't practical. Now if Glock made a single stack 9mm? Or even a .40. (Why Glock? Why??) I'd be in heaven. I guess I'll have to start looking at Kahrs...
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^
    What he said.

My problem is a lot of the time I fall in love with the idea of a gun. For instance, I've been toying with the idea of a Glock 36, because I love the Glock feel and durability, and I believe I shoot well with them. I've also been looking for something slimmer than your typical double stack, so that makes it appeal to me as well.

However, then I think about it, and wonder, "What else is slim and durable?" So I look over 17000 other guns, and I'll be in love with something else in a week or so.

The 36 just isn't practical. Now if Glock made a single stack 9mm? Or even a .40. (Why Glock? Why??) I'd be in heaven. I guess I'll have to start looking at Kahrs...
    glock 36 not practial, what are you talking about... I love my 36 , I also have a Kimber UCII. I find myself carrying the glock more. 3in 1911 is only a little smaller overall than the 36. not sure were your at but if you ever want to shoot both hit me up...

sorry back on topic... I am a serial dater, no love but i do see an possible new girlfriend every week
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Berks County)

Are you sure you are not suffering from Lust rather then Love. After all, that CZ duotone is quite the looker......LOL

(Snyder County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^
    What he said.

After handling the CZ and the 1911, I really think the Glock would be my ultimate love if it was a single stack. Erik has a 36 in stock and I'm afraid to handle it because I don't need another. I already have an accuracy problem with the Glock I have now which is why I have this love hate relationship with it.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pagoda240 View Post
    glock 36 not practial, what are you talking about... I love my 36 , I also have a Kimber UCII. I find myself carrying the glock more. 3in 1911 is only a little smaller overall than the 36. not sure were your at but if you ever want to shoot both hit me up...

sorry back on topic... I am a serial dater, no love but i do see an possible new girlfriend every week
    The only reason I say the 36 is impractical for me is because I don't shoot .45, at all, and I'm not ready to jump in just quite yet.

As far as being a serial dater... Couldn't agree more, I love 'em and leave 'em.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast