Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Tioga County)

Default Sig Trailside owners, hearken!

A while ago, I read a rumor on some forum (possibly this one) that S&W model 41/422 magazines might work in a Sig Trailside. I subsequently searched the web trying to find a definitive answer concerning their compatibility, and could not find one.

But, after examining the magazine of my uncle's model 422, I concluded that I could probably modify the magazine to function in my Trailside. I was not about to tamper with his, though.

Fortunately, the S&W mags are still available, and are currently on sale for $20.99 at Midway. So I ordered myself one to experiment with. If it worked, I figured, it would mean that Trailside owners like myself wouldn't have to drop $35+shipping for an extra ten round, less-than-robust plastic magazine.

(Last time I checked, the factory plastic magazines sell for $35 from Larry's Guns. Elsewhere, if you can find them, they are likely $40-50 a piece)

After a few minutes with the Dremel, it worked. I made a little tutorial explaining the two small modifications you must make. Hopefully this will be of use to somebody.

Note: just don't remove too much steel from the magazine release notch, or else the magazine will rest too low in the mag well, and not work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I support the most effective means of gun control: holding the pistol with two hands.