Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Best Place to Purchase a Glock 36 in Central PA?

First and foremost I've used the search function for several hours today and discovered a list of shops to call. However after calling literally dozens of stores all that I've discovered is that only 2-3 shops carry this firearm, and all of those shops want between 570-580 for it. That sort of price makes it more advantageous to purchase the glock off of an online dealer...but I'd rather pump my money(taxes) into my home state and support an honest dealer.

Thus, does anyone know of any shops they can recommend who usually carry an assortment of reasonably priced glocks? I would even consider buying this firearm used depending on the condition.

(PS: sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum.)

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Best Place to Purchase a Glock 36 in Central PA?

Two used at Trop but they are not cheap.
    Good luck.

Look thru the classifieds. I am pretty sure there was at least one for sale during the last month.
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Cumberland County)

Have you tried Atlantic Tactical? I'm not really one for buying new pistols (usually) but they tend to have pretty good prices on new Glocks AND they'll honor GSSF prices, so you can save a couple bucks. They are off the Limekiln exit of 83 in New Cumberland. Check their website and give them a call. Shoot me a PM if you need directions.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Butler County)

Not in PA but this guy is looking for $450 shipped.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc.../m/1470051532h

(Westmoreland County)

Bob's Army Navy in Clearfield
    Friends don't let friends buy Taurus's

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    Have you tried Atlantic Tactical? I'm not really one for buying new pistols (usually) but they tend to have pretty good prices on new Glocks AND they'll honor GSSF prices, so you can save a couple bucks. They are off the Limekiln exit of 83 in New Cumberland. Check their website and give them a call. Shoot me a PM if you need directions.
    ^^This.^^^
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by ffoltz View Post
    Two used at Trop but they are not cheap.
    Good luck.
    Aside from Shyda's they were one of the places I called first. I was told that they did not have the firearm in stock and they could order it in for me for 570 something plus tax and paperwork. But I appreciate your input, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagoda240 View Post
    Look thru the classifieds. I am pretty sure there was at least one for sale during the last month.
    I looked through them first and sent a PM or two, still waiting to hear back from the concerning my question. Thank you for the suggestion however.

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    I called them early in the afternoon today and was quoted at 599.99. (Just happened to have that one on the note pad for recording prices.) I know that the GSSP rate would cut that price down to 491, which is a great discount! Thanks you letting me know that they participate in this program, I will definitely consider giving them my business.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Havoc View Post
    Not in PA but this guy is looking for $450 shipped.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc.../m/1470051532h
    I don't know if it's my computer, but that link doesn't appear to be working for me. I would be interested in checking it out though. Thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by hzox221 View Post
    Bob's Army Navy in Clearfield
    I appreciate the suggestion. I have not contacted them but they will be added to my list for tomorrow.

On another note. I just found this deal on Glock World. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them...as even though it will cost 20 dollars to ship this deal seems almost too good to be true.

http://www.glockworld.com/item/35849...Model_36_.aspx

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by MrVenneri View Post

On another note. I just found this deal on Glock World. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them...as even though it will cost 20 dollars to ship this deal seems almost too good to be true.

http://www.glockworld.com/item/35849...Model_36_.aspx
    That does sound like a great deal. Remember you're still gonna have to pay an FFL fee too.

If it were me I'd just go to Atlantic Tactical and save myself the shipping and transfer headache. They're good people and they'll definitely take care of you.

I'm thinking about a 36 myself, so either way you go you'll have to let us know how you like it.

(Cumberland County)

I forgot all about Redding Hardware in Gettysburg. You could try giving them a call, but I have a feeling they'll be a little high on new Glocks. Great place for used guns though.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast