Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BFF's!

(Cumberland County)

Default BFF's!

My WASR 10/63 is still single stack. I know it's stupid, but I took two 10 round mags and tapped them together for a more traditional look, and until I build the confidence to dremel the magwell out, it'll make for quicker reloads. Temporary solution, but here are they are, getting along rather well

The WASR will be kept simple. I'll be getting a Hogue pistol grip, ACE stock, and Krebs rear peep sight (original rear sight sucks), and eventually converted to double stack. I'd LOVE to get a Romanian side folder, but everybody is out of stock!

The M&P15 is basically how I want it. Magpul MOE stock, Magpul trigger guard, Hogue grip, GripPod, Knights armco slip on handguards, Bushnell "Holosight" (aka Eotech without the hood), DM Premium 4x magnifier and various Magpul, GI and Lancer L5 mags (as pictured loaded with 75gr TAP, no chambered round). I'd like to get a TLR-2, a mid-length quad rail, and flip up front sight.

Both a blast to shoot and I love them both for different reasons. The AR is technical, accurate and "fast". The AK is just a raw, no compromise beast. Love them both

I'll take more pictures of the Ak once it's finished. shouldn't take long as I'm leaving it very basic.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: BFF's!

Quote Originally Posted by EvoRich View Post
    My WASR 10/63 is still single stack. I know it's stupid, but I took two 10 round mags and tapped them together for a more traditional look, and until I build the confidence to dremel the magwell out, i

"A man's got to know his limitations"- Dirty Harry

Hey, at least you're having a good time with the guns and thats what this is all about. Two fine looking articles.... good luck and get the dremel out when you're ready!
    Hoppes #9 should be a scent in the perfume section of every store.

(Lebanon County)

skip the sf, the're kinda painful. the ufers are way more friendly.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Philadelphia County)

Nice guns, but that taped mag is a bit much. There is a proper way to tape them if you really were serious about faster reloads but end to end means you are going to yank the mag out, flip it in your hand, move your grip again on the mag before finally rocking it in. Does that tape even hold with full mags while firing the gun?

I did smile when you said you were going to keep the AK simple and then right after listed the changes you were making to it.

If you are trying to track down anything specific as far as AK's go then PM for this gun dealers number. He's a younger guy and easy to talk to. He knows his AK's inside out among other guns but he loves his AK's. He also consistently has the best (maybe 20-30$ more sometimes) prices on them and will be upfront with you from start to finish about everything and even compare and give you his opinion on all the different types if you do not know much about them.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by blendingnoise View Post
    Nice guns, but that taped mag is a bit much. There is a proper way to tape them if you really were serious about faster reloads but end to end means you are going to yank the mag out, flip it in your hand, move your grip again on the mag before finally rocking it in. Does that tape even hold with full mags while firing the gun?

I did smile when you said you were going to keep the AK simple and then right after listed the changes you were making to it.

If you are trying to track down anything specific as far as AK's go then PM for this gun dealers number. He's a younger guy and easy to talk to. He knows his AK's inside out among other guns but he loves his AK's. He also consistently has the best (maybe 20-30$ more sometimes) prices on them and will be upfront with you from start to finish about everything and even compare and give you his opinion on all the different types if you do not know much about them.
    Yeah, the tape on the mag right now is pretty lame, I admit that. It's temporary. I kinda just did to see how it'd look for now. I have two GI mags for my AR tapped similar but they're not end to end. They're side to side, but they're still flipped opposite of each other. It was hard to do that with the single stack AK mags because the lip on the bottom won't allow them to sit flush.............. That was until just this second I picked up two AK mags and they will sit flush because the lips force them to sit flush, haha. I'm retarded.

And simple... comparing to my AR. I think an upgraded rear sight, stock and grip is still pretty simple The sight and grip are a must. I how skinny the original grip is. And the rear sight is nearly useless. As far as the stock... I'd love a Romanian sidefolder but can't find one. The ACE stock is the only aftermarket stock I like.

(Allegheny County)

Thread reported for possible illegal activity.

I swear that's RocketFoot's picnic table in those photos!

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Thread reported for possible illegal activity.
    Seriously?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by EvoRich View Post
    Seriously?
    Waiting to see if RocketFoot filed a police report for a missing picnic table...

NO, I'm not serious. Look at the grin and the wink! LOL
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Waiting to see if RocketFoot filed a police report for a missing picnic table...

NO, I'm not serious. Look at the grin and the wink! LOL
    Hahahaha ok, I thought you were kidding. But then I started thinking you were possibly referring to 922r compliance stuff.

(Philadelphia County)

US palm came out with an AK grip that looks nice. I rock a SAW grip which is thicker and makes it more comfortable than the skinny stock grip for me. If you can find one of the galil grips they will also work and people tend to like them.

Some links so you know which ones I am talking about.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=193988
    http://riflestocks.com/catalog/produ...roducts_id=323
    http://dpharms.com/ak47sawgripblack-p-39.html

I would look into dropping an AR stock on it if you like them. A simple vltor adaptor + magpul stock works well. There are cheaper ways to put an AR stock on an ak too if the vltor/magpul is too pricey. http://store.a51tactical.com/index.p...8&currency=USD . Folding stocks are only cool for like a day. You never use them half the time for anything practical other than taking pictures of it and throwing it in an actual backpack for a quick range trip.

I shoot my ak in 3 gun competitions and find that the rear sight works fine out to 150yds for me. Not the quickest but they work. Is this krebbs peep sight the one that replaces the stock rear sight? In that case I would tend to go with an ultimak mount and a cheaper (but still works well) red dot.

http://primaryarms.com/product.sc?pr...2&categoryId=5
    This place sells cheap AND good red dots and they will sell you the ultimak mount cheap as a package. You can upgrade the dot later down the road or invest in a long eye relief 1-4x scope even. AK's with red dots up front, scout style, are a blast to shoot.

I would not like the peep because peeps work best with the most distance between the peep and the front post. Having the peep sight halfway in the middle of the gun works but keep in mind that it may not perform the way you expect it to perform with an "upgrade" in sights. Seriously though, try an AK with a red dot on it. You might, might change your mind

If you change your stocks out for underfolders or the true sidefolder you will need to change your rear trunnion. Once you start getting into all that you might as well as have bought the ak you wanted in the first place as it would be a lot cheaper. Don't buy this ace adapter block though (http://www.aceltdusa.com/images06/AK....m4s.fs.ak.jpg) it's pretty ugly in person and I would keep my stock stock before buying that.
    Last edited by blendingnoise; December 26th, 2010 at 10:46 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast