Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M4 accessories

Default M4 accessories

Ill be getting a M4 very soon, and would like to buy some toys for it...I am gonna order the picatinny rail to mount some things on it...what is a good brand for the green laser? scope? etc......any good websites i can look at? thanks!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: M4 accessories

Quote Originally Posted by imtheprez View Post
    Ill be getting a M4 very soon, and would like to buy some toys for it...I am gonna order the picatinny rail to mount some things on it...what is a good brand for the green laser? scope? etc......any good websites i can look at? thanks!
    You might want to ask yourself why you want to start mounting random "toys" on your rifle?

Try actually shooting it first. Those "toys" aren't much fun if you can't hit your target - nor can those "toys" hit your target for you.

I know i can hit the target ive shot before ...im just looking for some of the best scopes, lights, green lasers..etc..on the market..i just dont want to buy junk ya know?

(Cambria County)

Exactly what "M4" are you getting? Before you start getting the 'best' accessories, you should ensure you are starting with a worthy platform.

The 'Comp M4' red-dot sight by Aimpoint costs as much as many of the AR/M4 variants that can be found. The sight is arguably the 'best' but it is still only an accessory, and completely unnecessary. You have to determine the cost/benefit analysis on things like this.

You are getting into what can become a very complicated search for the 'right' weapon system 'for you'. There is no single answer for anyone or any system... It is going to take research on your part. After a lot of research you will be able to ask more specific questions that will allow your friends here at the PAFOA to give you opinions based on their experiences.

(Allegheny County)

The best accessories are ammo and targets.
    Last edited by DaveM55; November 24th, 2007 at 11:38 AM.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

if your gonna use it for home defense i can see a flashlight.. but as for lasers and all that crap-- no need

gonna be used for target shooting around 100+ yards....thanks for all the help but ill ask my father in law where he buys his "toys" at.

(Berks County)

The only thing i have put on my AR is an Eotech 552. Probably the best money spent for what i want. I thought about adding a bunch of other things then i thought how heavy things were going to be. So far the only other thing ive actually thought of adding would be a front grip and maybe a flashlight. Adding the Eotech added another 11 oz to the rifle so.

Beyond that your getting exactly what your looking for, toys. There are plenty of sites out there that have lots of toys. Depends really how much your looking to spend. But the best money youll spend atm is on ammo. It isn't getting any cheaper and it wont be going down in price anytime soon the other toys will still be there later on.
    Freedom is paid with the blood of those who understand what being free really means. (Me)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - 1775 Benjamin Franklin

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by imtheprez View Post
    gonna be used for target shooting around 100+ yards....thanks for all the help but ill ask my father in law where he buys his "toys" at.
    If it's going to be used for target shooting, why tart it up like some $20 hooker with a bunch of useless Tacti-Crap(TM)? The folks at the range aren't going to be impressed, they're just going to wonder why the hell you didn't spend your money on a decent scope instead. And so will you, sooner or later.

Treat your M4 to a good scope, and leave the rest of the stuff for later.

(Allegheny County)

Talking Re: M4 accessories

Quote Originally Posted by Dave D. View Post
    Tacti-Crap(TM)
    The art of taking a crap without breaking wind or leaving a scent.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast