Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (York County)

Default What would you like to see made in a rifle?

I like original designs and rifles that stand out the crowd for some reason.

Do you? What would you like to see somebody make: from an existing design or a completely new design/platform?

Here's my list-

*A bolt action sporter in 7.62x39 or 6.8 SPC that takes detachable magazines (AR and AK type). The closest out there right now is the excellent, though expensive CZ 527. I'd like something that is stocked with more options in wood, laminate or synthetic. Both these calibers are great deer capable rifle rounds and deserve a better range of hunting platforms to launch them from.

*A pistol caliber (9mm, .40, 10mm or even 7.62x25mm) carbine designed along the lines of the simple Marlin Camp carbine, but with more options (think Picatanny rail) and looking a little more like a real gun instead of an overgrown .22 plinker. Yeah, Ruger tried it and dropped the idea, but its also got to be fairly cheap. (like under $500)

*A light rifle in the venerable .30 carbine caliber. Somebody needs to take a look at the M-1 carbine, update the design to make it more cost productive to build and get it on the market for a price that would allow it to compete with the AK clones out there. Every time somebody brings out an M-1 carbine to a shoot, I remember how much more I like the feel compared to the AK.

My piece...any other thoughts out there?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: What would you like to see made in a rifle?

A ruger mini 30 sounds like the combination of your first and third ideas. For the second, have you checked out the beretta cx4 storm? Or is that not your style? I'm picking up one on Monday for a Christmas gift for my fiancé.

(Centre County)

I don't know about yall, but, I love my mosin but I'm also sad there are no decent current production firearms in 7.62x54 (yeah I know PSL's, but I don't want one unless it's real russian Dragunov).

So with that said, I'd love to see a SAIGA rifle in 7.62x54.
    Hunting is NOT a 2nd Amendment Activity

(Pike County)

I want to see an AR-15 chambered in .45 caliber. Think something along the lines of the M-16K (10 inch barrel, A2 style sights, plus Picatinny Rails).
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

Quote Originally Posted by StingyGunner View Post
    I don't know about yall, but, I love my mosin but I'm also sad there are no decent current production firearms in 7.62x54 (yeah I know PSL's, but I don't want one unless it's real russian Dragunov).

So with that said, I'd love to see a SAIGA rifle in 7.62x54.
    Have you seen this?
    http://www.centerfiresystems.com/RIFLE-AKFPK-PLUM.aspx

I'd like to see a M1A for under a grand.

(Blair County)

I with a 7.62x 39 in a bolt with some options.

I might be asking for the impossible. I want a bullpup rifle in 6.8 SPC. With a great trigger....Made out of aluminium and steel. Simple to clean and with a 1 MOA accuracy. $1500 or less and comes with 10 magazines. Maybe use a PS90 style of magazine.

I don't think it's possible but that is what I would love to see.

Quote Originally Posted by jmiro View Post
    I with a 7.62x 39 in a bolt with some options.
    My buddy had a ruger bolt in 7.62x39, they apparently did not get the bore quite right and the accuracy was appalling even with higher end ammunition, If I remember correctly. He sold it at a loss at a gun show.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclectic Collector View Post
    *A pistol caliber (9mm, .40, 10mm or even 7.62x25mm) carbine designed along the lines of the simple Marlin Camp carbine, but with more options (think Picatanny rail) and looking a little more like a real gun instead of an overgrown .22 plinker. Yeah, Ruger tried it and dropped the idea, but its also got to be fairly cheap. (like under $500)
    Thureon Defense, Beretta and Hi Point aren't doing any of those things

I'd like to see a better quality bolt gun in 7.62x54 but I guess there is no point since it sits right between .308 and .30-06.

I'd love to see more companies get into the pistol cal. carbine business but I guess there isn't a real big market to support. I like the Beretta and Ruger but the price of mags to share between gun/carbine is ridiculous. Uzi is a clear winner in the carbine contest . It would be cool to see the mini 14 turned into some pistol calibers but I'm not sure the platform could handle that.
    Last edited by WSM; December 14th, 2010 at 04:34 PM.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    My buddy had a ruger bolt in 7.62x39, they apparently did not get the bore quite right and the accuracy was appalling even with higher end ammunition, If I remember correctly. He sold it at a loss at a gun show.
    So dont check out the rugers? I do like the mini 30. Just cant hunt with it.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast