Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NH change?

(Bucks County)

Default NH change?

ExceltoExcel:

I didnt want to side track the other threads so I started this one.

Twice now i have seen you say:

New Hampshire I would avoid as the recently made it invalid in you "Home State" and if you have a residence here this may be considered your home state..
    Curious as to what this means....what did you read....etc. Are you saying a NH permit is no good in PA for a PA resident?

(York County)

Default Re: NH change?

In case he's still on his iPhone struggling with copy/paste, here is the page he showed earlier tonight...

Support Services Bureau
    Permits and Licensing Unit
    Pistol and Revolver Licensing

In-State Residents: Pistol and Revolver licenses are only issued to Non-Residents by the New Hampshire State Police. Please contact your local policing agency for a Resident Pistol/Revolver License. The Application for a Resident Pistol/Revolver License adobe acrobat reader symbol may be downloaded.

Out-of-State Residents: Please download the Application for Non-Resident Pistol/Revolver License adobe acrobat reader symbol form; fill in the necessary information according to the instructions and mail it to:

Department of Safety
    Division of State Police
    Permits and Licensing Unit
    33 Hazen Drive
    Concord, NH 03305

PLEASE NOTE:
    Effective July 1, 2009, the fee for Non-Resident Applications increases from $20.00 to $100.00.

Reciprocity:

The State of New Hampshire has reciprocity agreements with the following states:

Alabama Michigan
    Alaska Missouri
    Arizona
    (License holders must be 21 years of age or older.) Mississippi
    Arkansas
    North Carolina
    Colorado North Dakota
    Florida Oklahoma
    Georgia Pennsylvania
    Idaho Tennessee
    Indiana Utah
    Kentucky Wyoming
    Louisiana

PLEASE NOTE: The State of New Hampshire will only recognize resident concealed handgun licenses from these states. Concealed handgun licenses issued by the State of New Hampshire to out-of-state residents are ONLY valid within the State of New Hampshire or within a state other than the licensee’s home state that reciprocally recognizes New Hampshire nonresident concealed carry licenses.

It is extremely important that all license holders be aware of the laws and requirements of all reciprocating states when visiting/traveling. Possession of a license does not supersede any other state's laws or license requirements. License holders are subject to the laws of the state they are visiting.

If you are a New Hampshire Pistol/Revolver License holder traveling to another state and wish to carry a concealed weapon using your New Hampshire license, contact that state directly to confirm their recognition status before carrying concealed weapons there. For example, some states only recognize a license if the person is a resident of the issuing state, or if the person is 21 years of age or older.

Pay particular attention to the bold and red portion.

ETA: Link > > > http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/n...ing/plupr.html

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Bucks County)

Concealed handgun licenses issued by the State of New Hampshire to out-of-state residents are ONLY valid within the State of New Hampshire or within a state other than the licensee’s home state that reciprocally recognizes New Hampshire nonresident concealed carry licenses.
    But...isn't that governed by the individual reciprocal states? For example, GA honors the NH license...and GA honors Non-resident license. So wouldn't it be up to GA to say whether or not they'll honor the NH non-resident license???
    Last edited by mrjam2jab; December 24th, 2010 at 02:17 AM.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    But...isn't that governed by the individual reciprocal states? For example, GA honors the NH license...and GA honors Non-resident license. So wouldn't it be up to GA to say whether or not they'll honor the NH non-resident license???

Heh... yeah I think we're all a little confused. Apparently there is no reference within NH or PA statutes to back this up, so...

(Montgomery County)

Yeah and I'm a little pissed because my "back-up license" is basically invalid as a secure back=up license because NH could say well it aint valid...

If I knew that I wouldn't have paid $100 to renew this year.. Motherfuckers!

oh...

Normally, both your asses would be dead as fucking fried chicken, but you happen to pull this shit while I'm in a transitional period so I don't wanna kill you, I wanna help you. But I can't give you this case, it don't belong to me. Besides, I've already been through too much shit this morning over this case to hand it over to your dumb ass.

(Butler County)

As I read it you can't us your NH license to carry in your home state. Round about way of closing the so called Florida Loophole?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by DonM55 View Post
    As I read it you can't us your NH license to carry in your home state. Round about way of closing the so called Florida Loophole?
    Yes... Thats what im guessing. I've said it about half a dozen times today after I stumbled upon it looking for the 18 year old carry loophole that is appearantly no longer. I think PA put the pressure on them because their permit was soooo cheap at one time all of us got one as a back-up but now the cats out-of-the bag and we'll be getting a few. I want VA,Utah and florida. I was hoping VA would drop the finger print requirement this year.

You know what they put on French fries in Holland instead of ketchup?

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by exceltoexcel View Post
    I want VA,Utah and florida.
    I have Utah to cover trips to Ohio to see family. Can't believe $10 renewal

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by DonM55 View Post
    I have Utah to cover trips to Ohio to see family. Can't believe $10 renewal
    Oh.. looks like its utah time!

Mmmm! Goddamn, Jimmie! This is some serious gourmet shit! Usually, me and Vince would be happy with some freeze-dried Taster's Choice right, but he springs this serious GOURMET shit on us! What flavor is this?

(York County)

You know WHY you didn't see that sign?
    ... ... ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast