Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Washington County)

Default Re: Best Place For 223 Ammo

As for AmmoWorks, you might just want to read this before you deal with them.
    I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. -- Susan B. Anthony, July 1871

Ammo Works and AEY Inc. are two seperate companies. I don't think its fair to judge one for the circumstances of another. We appreciate not being slandered and if you have any questions regarding our business practices or company please contact us directly--so far we have had excellent rapport with all our customers.

Before fingers are pointed, it would probably be best to ask us directly before third party reporting.

1-888-535--2666

And while you're at it, you could get some great prices on Ammo and other gun gear!
    Last edited by Lex_Ammo; September 15th, 2008 at 10:08 AM.

(Snyder County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lex_Ammo View Post
    Ammo Works and AEY Inc. are two seperate companies. I don't think its fair to judge one for the circumstances of another. We appreciate not being slandered and if you have any questions regarding our business practices or company please contact us directly--so far we have had excellent rapport with all our customers.

Before fingers are pointed, it would probably be best to ask us directly before third party reporting.

1-888-535--2666

And while you're at it, you could get some great prices on Ammo and other gun gear!
    So you have no website?

And I take it that since you mention "our" company, you are here promoting and drumming up business for your own company. So you may want to check out the rules of this website and forum:

Spam

Unrelated (No warning, 320 points, Never expires)
    We're not interested in your iPods, phones, or pharmaceuticals. If you're breaking this rule, it is doubtful you'll ever read this. This does not apply to posting links to bona-fide deals or sales that people might want to jump on (for example if Best Buy has a really nice TV at a great price)

Related (Warning optional, 20 points, Expires in 1 month)
    If you are selling something, put it in the classifieds. If you are a business, make sure it's in the commercial section. This goes double if it's the only reason you signed up. We don't need gun shops from Hawaii signing up to just post a list of every item they have for sale in the general discussion area.

And just for everyone else, here is the article that colagirl linked to. Read over it and determine for yourself:

The 22-year-old Florida man who allegedly provided old, substandard Chinese-manufactured ammunition to troops in Afghanistan as part of a nearly $300 million Pentagon contract also started a private company that specialized in selling foreign munitions to civilian gun enthusiasts, according to public documents, a RAW STORY investigation reveals.

Efraim E. Diveroli, 22, could face federal fraud charges after he tried to pass off the Chinese ammo as manufactured in Hungary. His company, AEY Inc., was banned from doing future business with the Defense Department after the New York Times revealed the shady circumstances surrounding a $298 million contract he received in January 2007.

In addition to the Miami-based AEY, Diveroli started a separate company, AmmoWorks, which advertised products such as Lithuanian GGG .308 Ammunition, MP-5 Magazines and an RPK40 magazine. A toll-free phone number listed on AmmoWorks Web site rings directly to AEY's Miami headquarters.

The company's Web site was taken down after RAW STORYbegan asking questions.

A company representative refused to comment on the connection between the two companies.

"I really wouldn't be the person to speak to about that. I don't have anything to say. Thank you," Boz Kramer, who was listed as the director of AmmoWorks' commercial division, told RAW STORY Wednesday.

Unlike AEY, AmmoWorks did not receive any lucrative government contracts, according to several database searches. But the two companies apparently shared office space and support staff in Miami, and Florida public documents list Diveroli as AmmoWorks' sole officer.

AEY apparently did the bulk of its business supplying weapons and ammunition to Afghan security forces, and it received government contracts for other agencies dating back at least 2004. The company is now suspected of fraud for misidentifying where it purchased munitions abroad, the Times reported Friday.

Like AEY, AmmoWorks also specialized in re-selling foreign ammo, and the company boasted of its government contracts on its Web site.

Ammoworks has produced hundreds of millions of dollars worth of firearms, ammo, and tactical gear among other things for our special forces in Iraq and Afghanistan. Ammoworks is a huge supporter of our troops and does everything in its power to not only insure a quality product but a product that functions extremely well in battle situations.

In 2006 Ammoworks began to import extra goods that were produced for Government contract in Eastern Europe and Asia. We started as a wholesaler but in 2008 we will be branching out to incorporate a full scale retail web site. All goods are insured by our company and certified from the manufacturer. Everything we sell is backed by our money back guarantee. We are able to offer the best prices because we are the importer and are direct with the factories in production of goods overseas.

After RAW STORY contacted AmmoWorks Thursday to inquire about its connection to Diveroli and AEY, the company's Web site was taken down. According to a domain registry Diveroli started AmmoWorks.org in December 2007.

The following flyer, which was removed from the site, was recovered from a search engine's cache:

A Florida Certificate of Domestication, signed by Diveroli, shows that AmmoWorks was incorporated in Florida March 6. AmmoWorks apparently grew from another company, Manchester Property Corporation, which Diveroli incorporated in Nevada on Aug. 6, 2004.

By the time Diveroli incorporated AmmoWorks in Florida three weeks ago, he must have known the New York Times was investigating AEY's suspicious defense contract. The paper published the results of its months long investigation Thursday; the article referred to a conversation a reporter had with Diveroli late last year.

One of the biggest mysteries surrounding AEY remains how the company run by a few inexperienced 20-somethings managed to procure hundreds of millions of dollars worth of government contracts; the House Oversight Committee is planning an investigation. AEY's vice president was 25-year-old David Packouz, who is a licensed masseur. Another 25-year-old, Levi Meyer, briefly served as a general manager. Myer told the Times, "I'm not involved in that mess anymore."

Florida filings also list a Yeshaya Diveroli as secretary of AEY.

Despite the Diveroli connection and shared phone line, none of the known AEY employees were listed on AmmoWorks now-defunct Web site, which listed eight sales representatives. Kramer apparently is the point of contact for this Craigslist classified ad seeking an AEY administrative assistant.

It's not clear how many employees AmmoWorks still has. At least one sales rep listed on AmmoWorks site said when RAW STORY reached him Thursday that he was no longer with the company.

AmmoWorks primarily advertised its products on online forums catering to gun enthusiasts.

"We are a major distributor for this .308 ammo and we are distributing quite a bit to various online retailers and we are still running an exclusive to everyone who can purchase a min pallet purchase," Kramer wrote on one forum last August. "Please act fast because our stock is dwindling and once its gone its gone."
    Bold is my emphasis.

Any comments Lex_Ammo?

I'm just trying to get the word out on some great ammo at a really decent price. Its not fair to be blacklisted because of some speculative issues regarding a company, which has nothing to do with Ammo Works. If anyone would like to see the website, its www.ammoworks.org and currently under construction.

As for the flier, it was designed for a gun show in Las Vegas, Nevada, over a year ago. I can almost promise you that it was not a one of a kind.
    Last edited by Lex_Ammo; September 16th, 2008 at 10:26 AM.

(Snyder County)

I'm just trying to get the word out on some great ammo at a really decent price. Its not fair to be blacklisted because of some speculative issues regarding a company, which has nothing to do with Ammo Works. If anyone would like to see the website, its www.ammoworks.org and currently under construction.

As for the flier, it was designed for a gun show in Las Vegas, Nevada, over a year ago. I can almost promise you that it was not a one of a kind.
    So the information in the article is false? The company you represent, Ammoworks, has no connection to Efraim E. Diveroli at all?

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zef_66 View Post
    So the information in the article is false? The company you represent, Ammoworks, has no connection to Efraim E. Diveroli at all?
    Oh, this is getting good.

I initially subscribed to this thread to follow the posts for good prices on .223 ammo. When I saw the first post by Lex, then his hesitation to provide any specific details on the company, I ran "Ammoworks" (how he wrote it in his first post) through Google and then put 2 and 2 together with his location. If you've paid attention, notice how the company is now being referred to as "Ammo Works"? That's probably because "Ammo Works" returns 4,170 hits via Google, but doesn't include any of the news articles concerning AEY Inc. Even I have to admit, that's a smooth move.

Regardless, here's what's returned when you do a 'WhoIs' on the domain ammoworks.org:

Domain ID: D150221441-LROR
    Domain Name:AMMOWORKS.ORG
    Created On:06-Dec-2007 15:57:48 UTC
    Last Updated On:05-Feb-2008 03:50:37 UTC
    Expiration Date:06-Dec-2017 15:57:48 UTC

Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, Inc. (R91-LROR)
    Registrant ID:GODA-040705993
    Registrant Name:Efraim Diveroli
    Registrant Organization:AEY Inc.

Registrant Street1:975 Arthur Godfrey Rd
    Registrant Street2:Suite 211
    Registrant Street3:
    Registrant City:Miami Beach
    Registrant State/Province:Florida
    Registrant Postal Code:33140
    Registrant Country:US
    Registrant Phone:+1.8885352666
    Registrant Phone Ext.:
    Registrant FAX:
    Registrant FAX Ext.:
    Registrant Email:boz@ammoworks.com
    Admin ID:GODA-240705993
    Admin Name:Efraim Diveroli
    Admin Organization:AEY Inc.

Admin Street1:975 Arthur Godfrey Rd
    Admin Street2:Suite 211
    Admin Street3:
    Admin City:Miami Beach
    Admin State/Province:Florida
    Admin Postal Code:33140
    Admin Country:US
    Admin Phone:+1.8885352666
    Admin Phone Ext.:
    Admin FAX:
    Admin FAX Ext.:
    Admin Email:boz@ammoworks.com
    Tech ID:GODA-140705993
    Tech Name:Efraim Diveroli
    Tech Organization:AEY Inc.

Tech Street1:975 Arthur Godfrey Rd
    Tech Street2:Suite 211
    Tech Street3:
    Tech City:Miami Beach
    Tech State/Province:Florida
    Tech Postal Code:33140
    Tech Country:US
    Tech Phone:+1.8885352666
    Tech Phone Ext.:
    Tech FAX:
    Tech FAX Ext.:
    Tech Email:boz@ammoworks.com
    Name Server:NS28.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    Name Server:NS27.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

The 'WhoIs' returns the same thing when you search on ammoworks.net too.
    I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. -- Susan B. Anthony, July 1871

The only thing that is connecting Ammo Works with AEY Inc. is that they're owned by the same person. Boz Kramer runs and operates Ammo Works, 100%. Ammo Works is one of the largest wholesale distributors of ammunition in the country. We do business with ALL the major online retailers.

If anyone has anything else to say, we can be contacted 24 hrs. a day, 7 days a week at 888-535-2666.
    Last edited by Lex_Ammo; September 16th, 2008 at 02:57 PM.

(Berks County)

Gee whiz and golly gosh. Amazingly enough the number that Lex_Ammo posted for us to contact with questions is sure enough the number that showed up in colagrrl's search. Now that couldn't possibly be because they are related, could it? [/sarcasm]
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Berks County)

About Wolf .223 ammo;

I've never had much luck with it in my Bushmaster. It doesn't feed properly and the glue that holds the primer in is a pain in the ass to clean out of the the BCG.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123