Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 80 of 94 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: State Constables, the best kept secret in PA.

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    He is covered under LEOSA. This happened in ny and the Constable won the case. The JBT don't care about the law.
    The NY LEOSA case happened in state court and carries no precedence anywhere else. They released him and dropped the impersonation charge. But they've kept the 5 overlimit magazine charges.

Quote Originally Posted by t1066 View Post
    The NY LEOSA case happened in state court and carries no precedence anywhere else. They released him and dropped the impersonation charge. But they've kept the 5 overlimit magazine charges.
    Do you agree with the 5 over law, for law enforcement?
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Bucks County)

Do you agree with the 5 over law, for law enforcement?
    What 5 over law are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by t1066 View Post
    What 5 over law are you referring to?
    The ny magazine limit?

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    The state has made big changes to constable training because of a funding crisis. Our yearly continuing education classes have been cut back from 20 hours to 8, and our firearm training has been basically eliminated. We just go in once a year now to qualify. But the biggest changes are for new constables.

Two major changes have been made. First, new constables have to pay $2600 for their own training.
    Second, they’re only offering the training near Harrisburg. That’s travel expenses for six 20-hour weekends – Friday evening, and all day Saturday and Sunday. I figure that would cost at least $2k for hotel, food, gas & tolls. Add in $300+ for liability insurance and $100 for ammo for the qualifier, and a new constable is in for $5k before even buying uniforms, gear, a car, etc.

Looks like the bar for entry just got a lot higher.
    I haven't heard about the $2,600 and I thought the first year was 80 hours? This will definitely reduce the number of certified constables and deputies. I had hard a time getting deputies to attend the 80-hour 1st year training and now I can see not replacing the deputy that left due to moving out of the township.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    I haven't heard about the $2,600 and I thought the first year was 80 hours? This will definitely reduce the number of certified constables and deputies. I had hard a time getting deputies to attend the 80-hour 1st year training and now I can see not replacing the deputy that left due to moving out of the township.
    80 hours basic, 40 hours firearms basic. The amounts are listed in the update letters from the PCCD.

For EM, the entry bar hasn't gone down, because new constables have to still go through the 80/40 hours to get initially certified. The 8 hours is con-ed to maintain certification. And it was 8 hours last year. This year is 12 hours. 8 in class, and 4 online.

The ny magazine limit?
    There is no mag limit in NY for active LEO’s on official business. If your service pistol is 15 rounds you are good. The NY Constable arrest caused the NYPD to issue an Interim Order, specifically instructing officers, who come upon someone claiming LEOSA exemption, let’s say on a car stop and have questions, to take it into the station house “no arrest” to further investigate before proceeding further. Believe me, Commissioner Kelly wasn’t happy.

The judge in the case admonished both the PD and the DA’s office on that case. The NYPD wanted to void the arrest once it got to the station house, but the DA’s office overruled it.

I think the Constable involved got jammed up in PA later on, it might have been posted in another thread.

Here in the undisclosed bunker, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)

He is covered under LEOSA. This happened in ny and the Constable won the case. The JBT don't care about the law.
    NJ and NY are famous for ignoring federal preemption laws when it comes to guns. They routinely arrest people who are carrying legal guns, unloaded and locked up, while passing through and protected by the interstate travel shield of the 1986 FOPA.

LEOSA protection looks like it applies to PA constables, as the NY court held. I'm not aware of any court which held otherwise.

Just like seeing how Trump "was impeached", being charged with a crime is not proof of any crime, especially when the criminal justice system has been infiltrated by politicians and those hacks start using our money and our sovereign authority for their private purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunlawyer001/Moderator View Post
    NJ and NY are famous for ignoring federal preemption laws when it comes to guns. They routinely arrest people who are carrying legal guns, unloaded and locked up, while passing through and protected by the interstate travel shield of the 1986 FOPA.

LEOSA protection looks like it applies to PA constables, as the NY court held. I'm not aware of any court which held otherwise.

Just like seeing how Trump "was impeached", being charged with a crime is not proof of any crime, especially when the criminal justice system has been infiltrated by politicians and those hacks start using our money and our sovereign authority for their private purposes.

Ignoring laws seems to be the theme for the anti left. When an opportunity to jam up a law abiding American comes along, they try with all their might.

(Washington County)

Yesterday I attended our yearly Constable Continuing Education Class. Surprisingly informative and educational on all types of force and the laws we fall under. I always enjoy the laser shoot practice and PAFOA member Scruff was my partner for that training. The one scenario was attempting to arrest a small-build woman and when she charged at him, he simply stepped back and detained her, when the instructor asked, "Why didn't you pepper spray her?" Scruff replied, "Why would I? she's small enough I could easily control her." Good answer! Scruff was a great training partner for the day and neither one of us every drew our blue practice guns during the training.

All in all, definitely worthwhile training and look forward to the yearly handgun qualification on April 4th.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

Page 80 of 94 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast