Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 74 of 94 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: State Constables, the best kept secret in PA.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Don Reed View Post
    I want to be a Pa Constable. I'm a former MP and SC LEO. I just recently relocated to Tobyhanna. I'm an ACT 235 Firearms Instructor. I want to donate my constable earnings to a childrens charity. I'm retired. If anyone would like to sponsor me as a deputy please contact me..
    You are only allow to be a deputy to your township constable, so contact him and make friends.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    You are only allow to be a deputy to your township constable, so contact him and make friends.
    Thanks, I missed that one.

Sgt. Don, if there is no one holding your local office, I'd petition for an appointment to the vacant office ASAP. Either way, you should move quickly to get into this year's training. Otherwise, you'll lose an entire year.

(Lackawanna County)

I want to be a Pa Constable. I'm a former MP and SC LEO. I just recently relocated to Tobyhanna. I'm an ACT 235 Firearms Instructor. I want to donate my constable earnings to a childrens charity. I'm retired. If anyone would like to sponsor me as a deputy please contact me..
    What you need to do, is contact your elections office, to find out who is elected/appointed constable in the area you live in. Then you need to contact that constable and ask them if they will take you on as a deputy. If there is a vacancy, then you can get the petition from the election office, get your required 10 signatures of registered voters in your area; then go to the court administrators office, and ask what there procedures are from there. Good luck, many constable don't care to have a deputy unless overwhelmed, and they care to share there work with you.

(Monroe County)

Thanks Gentlemen. I'm in the process of emailing Constables now..

(Washington County)

Thanks Gentlemen. I'm in the process of emailing Constables now..
    Here's the address for your constable that you need to contact.

Pennsylvania State Constable
    Coolbaugh Township, Monroe County

Constable
    Joseph Rogan

PO Box 52
    Pocono Manor, Pennsylvania 18349
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Monroe County)

Getting a Deputy Constable position is almost impossible unless you are friends with a commissioned Constable. I called and emailed and can't even get a return message. I think the system for Constables suck in Pa..

(Monroe County)

Think I will stick to being an ACT 235 Instructor.

(Monroe County)

Smile Re: State Constables, the best kept secret in PA.

Does anyone know if Pa. allow Security Officers to carry a Patrol Rifle. I'm heading to the NRA Patrol Rifle Instructor Course. Don't think I will be instructing any security officers. I wonder if it's a waste of money..

(Bucks County)

Getting a Deputy Constable position is almost impossible unless you are friends with a commissioned Constable. I called and emailed and can't even get a return message. I think the system for Constables suck in Pa..
    Elected, not commissioned. And since it is elected, you have to deal with voting districts. If the current constable doesn't want to make you a deputy, and you want to be a constable, you need to run against him in the next election.

Also, given the way Constables are currently set up, appointing a deputy can actually take work/money away from you.

Of the Deputy Constables I'm aware of, they tend to be either wives of current Constables who want to be able to have another Constable with them when transporting prisoners, or serving warrants, or younger Constables that will be taking over for a soon to be retiring Constable.

The other option you have is finding a district that doesn't currently have a Constable there and move to it and petition the court to appoint you or wait until the election and run.

I hope that gives you a better understanding of the way Constables are set up.

(Monroe County)

Angry Re: State Constables, the best kept secret in PA.

Quote Originally Posted by t1066 View Post
    Elected, not commissioned. And since it is elected, you have to deal with voting districts. If the current constable doesn't want to make you a deputy, and you want to be a constable, you need to run against him in the next election.

Also, given the way Constables are currently set up, appointing a deputy can actually take work/money away from you.

Of the Deputy Constables I'm aware of, they tend to be either wives of current Constables who want to be able to have another Constable with them when transporting prisoners, or serving warrants, or younger Constables that will be taking over for a soon to be retiring Constable.

The other option you have is finding a district that doesn't currently have a Constable there and move to it and petition the court to appoint you or wait until the election and run.

I hope that gives you a better understanding of the way Constables are set up.
    Thanks. So each County only have 1 Constable? Wow that is selfish.. lol

Page 74 of 94 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast