Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ranges in Bucks

(Bucks County)

Default Ranges in Bucks

Looking for a decent and well priced place to shoot in Lower Bucks.

Recommendations?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Ranges in Bucks

I go to Pistol People in Bensalem. Small, but nice place and Steve is a great guy and really knows his stuff. Membership cost me $125, and I believe it goes down your second year. I also know there are allot of people on the board that go to Classic Pistol in Southampton and really like it, but I can't vouch for it personally.

(Bucks County)

Thanks....I called there and I'll start going right after the first of the year

Rockledge, Abington Township, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)

I am one of those that goes to Classic Pistol, (not as much as i'd like)
    The place is VERY clean and the people there are friendly.

(you will find conflicking stories about them on here, but I have never had any bad times there.)
    Vice President and Board Member of Philadoptables; Friends of the Philadelphia Animal Control Shelter

You have Pistol People on State Rd, the owner is very sharp. He can be tough on new people on his range but don't take it personally, it's just his way and he is very willing to help you become a better shot.

Ready, Aim, Fire (RAF) off Rt13. You need to take Green Lane west from 13 to the first left, under the overpass and make your first left again. It's part of a small business park. Their reviews tend to be not so good. It's better in the mornings/early afternoon. Weekends and evenings seems to bring a different element and it's not unusual to see a Bristol patrol car out front. From what I've heard the police are watching for gangsta types that come in from Philly and Trenton. I have no idea if that's true or not.

Classic Pistol in Southampton, I've been going there for years and never had a problem. Others have so....it's a mixed review. They ARE watching and WILL let you know if your not in accord with their rules. Weekends, plan on being in line for a while.

Claytons on 611 about a mile south of County Line Rd. (on the left as you go south) just opened a range last month. I know the RO from another range and he's a good RO. He won't allow unsafe conditions or actions but otherwise is a friendly fellow who endeavors to make people comfortable, safe and profiecent.

Wicen's Farm is off Old York Rd about 4-5 miles north of Street Rd. It's address is Mozart Rd but from Old York the cross road is Sugar Bottom Rd. Make the right onto Sugar Bottom and follow that. If you miss the farm you don't deserve to shoot. It's changed quite a bit from the old days. You'll have to purchase a range badge ($15) and qualify seperately for pistol, rifle and shotgun ($5 each). You don't have to qualify for all of them, just the ones you want and you can add them whenever you want. $15 a day, shoot all day. Once you have a badge and quals your done with those and it's just the day rate. The ROs are constantly hovering and are a bit strict. Not in a mean way but they are picky. Idiots bought houses or built houses near the range then tried to have the range shut down. It's been in operation since 1929. So Joe (the present Wicen generation) had to clamp down to stay in business. It's outdoors only but I understand they are, if they haven't already, going to have an indoor range too. You can rent clay throwers and buy clays but bring your own ammo, they don't sell any of any sort. Google them for more up to date information.

There is a club on Street Rd, the Conastoga I believe, right near Davisville Rd. I understand they might be looking for members but I have no proof of that. It seems the other local clubs either now have waiting lists or other restrictions that make becoming a member a bit tricky. Langhorne JUST changed our rules so that you now need a member in good standing for 3 years to sponser you. Falls is full and the wait is long. Bensalem is also full. There are a few other clubs but nothing near Lower Bucks. I understand Paletown (south of Quakertown) is a good club, and inexpensive, but certainly not close.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    You'll have to purchase a range badge ($15) and qualify seperately for pistol, rifle and shotgun ($5 each).
    It's $7 per section to qualify. And otherwise $15/day to shoot as long as it gets, whether the first or any other day. "Badge" itself doesn't cost a thing technically. So, in the simple math, whoever shows up there to shoot for the first time pays $15 for the range use + one time $7 "qualification" fee, provided he has everything else (ammo, targets, eyes and ears) with him.

The ROs are constantly hovering and are a bit strict. Not in a mean way but they are picky.
    We are teddy bears Safety nazies to certain extent, but that makes the range safe and that brings clients backs, especially the ones with kids

But boy, it's cold out there now.
    Je suis déplorable

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    It's $7 per section to qualify. And otherwise $15/day to shoot as long as it gets, whether the first or any other day. "Badge" itself doesn't cost a thing technically. So, in the simple math, whoever shows up there to shoot for the first time pays $15 for the range use + one time $7 "qualification" fee, provided he has everything else (ammo, targets, eyes and ears) with him.

We are teddy bears Safety nazies to certain extent, but that makes the range safe and that brings clients backs, especially the ones with kids
    But boy, it's cold out there now.
    It's been a while since I was there, I joined LRGC because one of my daughters took a real liking to shooting and LRGC is minutes away...and that's if I walk. I wasn't sure of how things are now so I suggested the OP look it up. But I thought I had paid 15+5 per qual, then $15 for range time. I could easily be wrong and appreciate you setting it straight.

I have no problem with good ROs, particularly where there are newbies and unknowns. Indeed Wicen's has some of the best. You don't allow anything unsafe, will teach someone proper safety and etiquette and do so with respectful tact. It's part of why I took my newbies there. And why I went back. Bad moves were rare and ROs were on task 100% of the time.

Teddy bears eh.....you must be Bill!
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Pike County)

I could easily be wrong and appreciate you setting it straight.
    No problem. Many things changed in the past year. Including pricing. Big Joe decided to simplify it a little.

Indeed Wicen's has some of the best.
    Thank you! We do try our best to educate shooters on gun safety and good practices in the least pushy way.

Teddy bears eh.....you must be Bill!
    I'm not, but he's definitely the ultimate one
    Je suis déplorable

(Bucks County)

I shoot at Pistol People just about every other week. Hope to see you guys there sometime. Steve is a very nice guy. I've brought a few girls to learn to shoot and he has always been very helpful. Also 1st year 125, 2nd $100, 3rd and so forth is $75

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1988 Olds View Post
    I shoot at Pistol People just about every other week. Hope to see you guys there sometime.
    I usually go there Friday afternoons, maybe see you all there sometime.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast