Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default As if we needed another reason...

... not to buy Hi-Points:

http://officerresource.com/2010/02/hi-point-firearms/

I am still not sure if this is a spoof or not...

Regards,

Bones

Default Re: As if we needed another reason...

IMHO If he really cared that much why sell such cheap guns he knows the "yahoos" (his word not mine) will buy? For the price of a Hi-Point one could use it then destroy/discard it and these extra ID measures would be useless anyway. The answer: He is motivated more by the money than anything else.

(Bucks County)

From what i "hear" about Highpoints this isn't a an issue due to the fact when you pull the trigger they don't go bang. So do not worry about it getting traced back to you. You need to worry about the other guys bullet getting traced back to them.

(Adams County)

I think I need to be enlightened here or maybe I'm on a wrong site.

In the distant past, I was a competition shooter during my 10 yrs in the USMC. I have just recently become active in sport shooting and obtained the PA LTCF. I have been lurking around the site for a few weeks just getting a "feel" for the various threads. So here is my question.

Why should I be holding it against a firearms manufacturer that produces a product that will aid law enforsement personnel in finding and prosecuting criminals?

My second question needs to be preceeded with a personal comment. I have read several product reviews , listened to two different Hi Point owners, and fired 4oo rounds in two separate Hi Point handguns. Every product review, both testimonies, and my personal experience with these guns were all positive in nature. (Never heard of one of these weapons NOT going bang when it was suppose to do so.

So, why would I want to minimize the value of these American made products solely because they are inexpensive?

I don't own a Hi Point. I bought a Kimber .45 but if I ever had the unfortunate circumstance occur that would require me to use this weapon, the law enforsement officers will not have to trace my projectile. I'll be with the wounded or dead criminal to aid the officer with the report.

Seriously, what is the downside that the previous posters see or have experienced with the Hi Point brand?

Thanks.
    Merry Christmas.

Bill
    Last edited by padpe; December 23rd, 2010 at 09:51 PM.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by padpe View Post
    Why should I be holding it against a firearms manufacturer that produces a product that will aid law enforsement personnel in finding and prosecuting criminals?

My second question needs to be preceeded with a personal comment. I have read several product reviews , listened to two different Hi Point owners, and fired 4oo rounds in two separate Hi Point handguns. Every product review, both testimonies, and my personal experience with these guns were all positive in nature.
    I'm holding it against a firearms manufacturer that produces pieces of shit that are over-priced at any price. I fired a Hi-Point pistol last weekend. The way it performed and handled was criminal. It was the most unrefined, brutal and unreliable 9mm I had ever used.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomTask View Post
    I'm holding it against a firearms manufacturer that produces pieces of shit that are over-priced at any price. I fired a Hi-Point pistol last weekend. The way it performed and handled was criminal. It was the most unrefined, brutal and unreliable 9mm I had ever used.

I will give you unrefined and brutal. Did you experience malfunctions with the pistol? Just wondering.
    Jules

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    I will give you unrefined and brutal. Did you experience malfunctions with the pistol? Just wondering.
    Jules
    200 rounds through a .40 and 200 rounds through a 9mm, no malfunctions.

Years ago my wife and I owned and flew a 1946 Cessna 120 with little avionics. We now fly a 2002 Tiger Aircraft with lots of spiffy equipment. They were both fun to fly.

My first motorcycle, 45 years ago was a 125 Ducati. We currently ride a well endowed Gold Wing. Both were and are fun to ride.

I currently own a Kimber .45, a S&W .38 revolver, and a Ruger .22. Some weeks ago I had the opportunity to fire the two Hi Points. Guess what? They are all fun to shoot.

(Montgomery County)

1) I take issue with any manufacturer knowingly putting out an inferior product.

1a) Then, to brag about it's inferiority, lousy manufacturing, etc., and admit that it was designed from the get go as a "throw-away" POS for criminal use (and also dis your law-abiding customers by the way), and use it as a selling point to LE that it is easily traced due to this lousy machining and finish work - Yeah, I got a beef with that.

(I am very happy for those with reliable Hi-Points. Truly, I am. I have no feeling one way or the other on Hi-Points for the most part... I just know that I wouldn't spend the money on one.)

2) I also know that it pisses me off when a company panders to LE and the anti's.

See (1) and (2), then connect the dots, to see why I find this article irking...

Regards,

Bones

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by padpe View Post
    Years ago my wife and I owned and flew a 1946 Cessna 120 with little avionics. We now fly a 2002 Tiger Aircraft with lots of spiffy equipment. They were both fun to fly.
    But did the Cessna dead-stick after rotation, 300 feet above an office park? Apples and oranges. Unrefined might be one thing, but in my 100 rnd (WWB ammo) experience with the gun there were:
    4-5 stovepipes
    3 misfeeds
    a couple extractions that didn't pick up the next round
    and one round that I'd swear fired out of battery- big flash from the ejection port.

(Philadelphia County)

Supposedly from what I hear Hi-Points are the only shit guns that do go bang.
    Would I carry one, hell no not with the lousy safties they put on them !
    I imagine you could only run FMJ ammo in these guns. I hear they are better than a Jennings or Jiminez ? Again I wouldn't buy one though ! Rank it in the hit-or-miss category. There is one little 25 that's cheap that is okay but I can't remember who makes it ? My favorite 25 is the Beretta Jetfire .
    You Can Take My Gun When You Pry it From My Dead, Cold, Hand !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast