I wanted to post and say that American Tactical Imports customer service is great! They are the importers of GSG's 22s.

I bought a GSG 1911 and got about 820 rounds through it when the barrel bushing snapped and launched the recoil spring and plug flying out the front of the gun. This was a known issue with the first run of production on them, and has since been corrected with a steel barrel bushing. The conversation went something like this:

Me: "The barrel bushing broke and shot the spring and plug out the front of the gun."
Customer Service Rep: "Oh my! We need to send you some goodies then!" (she actually did say 'goodies')
Me: "That'd be great! I would need the bushing, spring and plug."
CSR: "Sure thing, what's the name and address?"
*I provide the requested information.*
Me: "I also read online that this first production run of the 1911 also has an issue with the follower and slide release. Am I likely to have that problem later down the road?"
CSR: "It's very possible. I'll go ahead and send you those parts too, just in case. Did you lose the washers on the guide rod too?"
Me: "Shit! I don't know. I forgot to look."
CSR: "I'll include those for you as well just in case. Is there anything else?"
Me: "Nope. That's all, thank you!"
CSR: "No problem, you should see the parts in the mail in 7-10 days. Have a nice day."

The whole conversation was completely hassle free. They are sending me everything I need, as well as anything else I MIGHT need.

It sucks that I had an issue with the gun as I love it so much, but ATI did everything I would have wanted them to and more in order to make it right.