Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default AZ or UT classes?

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get a training class to get certified for AZ or UT, here in PA?

Default Re: AZ or UT classes?

Quote Originally Posted by Proman View Post
    Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get a training class to get certified for AZ or UT, here in PA?
    AZ does not require a special class like UT. AZ will accept a PA hunter safety course, an NRA live fire course, proof of current military service or a military discharge.

And AZ can all be done thru the mail.

(Bucks County)

AZ training options:

N. An applicant shall demonstrate competence with a firearm through any of the following:

1. Completion of any firearms training program that is approved by the department of public safety and that is conducted by instructors who are authorized by the department of public safety or who possess current national rifle association instructor certifications in pistol and personal protection and who submit to a background investigation, including a check for warrants and a criminal history records check.

2. Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class that is available to the general public, that is offered by a law enforcement agency, a junior college, a college or a private or public institution, academy, organization or firearms training school and that is approved by the department of public safety.

3. Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Arizona game and fish department or a similar agency of another state.

4. Completion of any national rifle association firearms safety or training course.

5. Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class that is offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies or other divisions or subdivisions of law enforcement or security enforcement and that is approved by the department of public safety.

6. Evidence of current military service or proof of honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions from the United States armed forces.

7. A valid current or expired concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or license that is issued by another state or a political subdivision of another state and that has a training or testing requirement for initial issuance.

8. Completion of any governmental police agency firearms training course and qualification to carry a firearm in the course of normal police duties.

9. Completion of any other firearms training that the department of public safety deems acceptable.

I just went through the Utah course in April and it was well worth it. It took about 10 hours on a Saturday and the 6 of us had an enjoyable time. I did the Utah specifically to get Ohio as I live on the PA/Ohio border. I don't know if Arizona will get you Ohio but that may not be a problem if you live in the eastern part of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by palabman View Post
    I just went through the Utah course in April and it was well worth it. It took about 10 hours on a Saturday and the 6 of us had an enjoyable time. I did the Utah specifically to get Ohio as I live on the PA/Ohio border. I don't know if Arizona will get you Ohio but that may not be a problem if you live in the eastern part of the state.
    AZ will get you OH, which is the main reason I got AZ

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by palabman View Post
    For those on the eastern part of the state...like myself...AZ will give DE...

AZ reciprocity

(Northampton County)

Utah gets you Washington state.

Airzona gets you Kansass and New Mexico.

Arizona gets you a permit in 1 to 2 weeks.

Those are the differences I see. Arizona is better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    For those on the eastern part of the state...like myself...AZ will give DE...[/COLOR][/U][/URL]
    ... as will UT, VA and FL