Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default We got it all back... Warning be careful with your creditcards!!!!

A few weeks ago my wife and I were victims of theft, credit card theft to be more specific. I delayed posting this story until we found out how/where/when the rat fuck bastards got our card information...

My wife and I went out for dinner black friday. This was the only time our credit/debit card has been handled by some one other than us in at least a year. It was also a new card (old one expired in October) We had a great meal and a much needed "date night." What we were not expecting was the cost.

We got home the next day to 6 messages on the answering machine to verify purchases at Barnes&Noble, LLBean, Amazon, Circut City, Best Buy and Macy's. Our account is through a Credit Union and have Fraud Protection (they call us anytime more than $300 is spent in a day). They called us to confirm $3000.00 was spent on Egift cards at the above listed online stores.

We reported the issue to the local police and the investigation is in progress so I will not post the name of the place. I will say it is located in the Promenade in Saucon Valley.

It took almost a month but we got every penny back in our account as of today.

I figured since the crime occurred in the Lehigh Valley, this is as good a place as any to put this thread. Mods if this is in the wrong place feel free to move it.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: We got it all back... Warning be careful with your creditcards!!!!

Glad you got all your money back. When all is said and done let us know the location of the store.
    TET 68 Survivor --- U. S. Navy 1963 - 1972

Glad you came out ok! It is reasons like this that I only have one credit card with a low limit. It only gets used when I dont have any cash in my pocket. Limited use helps narrow down where the the thief ripped you off.
    Hopefully the thief will wind up in jail, however I doubt it!

(Monroe County)

So can you tell us yet?
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Retired One View Post
    Glad you got all your money back. When all is said and done let us know the location of the store.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Glad you came out ok! It is reasons like this that I only have one credit card with a low limit. It only gets used when I dont have any cash in my pocket. Limited use helps narrow down where the the thief ripped you off.
    Hopefully the thief will wind up in jail, however I doubt it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    So can you tell us yet?
    The name of the place is Pacifico...The food and service was awesome but I am pretty sure it was one of the employees who got our info... It was the only place our card was out of our sight.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Montgomery County)

You are lucky that is all they did. 3 years ago my wife and I were victim of identity theft because someone at work picked my wife handbag. Next thing we knew our bank accounts were drawn down to a few dollars, our credit cards maxed out, and since they had the necessary info they also managed to open accounts at home depots, were they purchased $ 2000 of gift certificates on a brand new just opened account(????), a Macy account were they purchased, mind you, not one but 3 expensive watches for a total of $ 14000, a Nordstrom account were they purchased 2 furs for the price of $ 22000, plus a best buy account where they purchased a 70" Toshiba TV for $ 6500. How I ask could they have done so much damage in less then 5 hours? The worse part?? Even after we filled a police report, several of the stores refused to acknowledge their mistakes and try to get paid from us. Best buy was the only one, other then the banks, that immediately closed the accounts and filled a police report. The other continued to send us request of payment. We had a 767 credit score, within a couple of months it was down to 600 till we contacted a lawyer and filled suit against the stores. It took about 2 years before everything went back to normal and our score is back to where it should be, in the mean time I could not lease a vehicle that I wanted, my credit cards rates went to the roof and I could not use or receive any credit worth a damn. All because those store did not do their jobs and verified the id of those involved in the scam when they requested a credit line. I believe someone else was involved other then the person that lifted the items from my wife bag. She did get caught and served 2 months in jail and 3 years probation, us we served 2 years of bad credit and scorn. Now all my credit cards have a $ 200 daily limit unless I call and lift the limit, my citibank visa has a $ 50 limit. They all have a purchase warning of $ 100 or more. Those cards that did not offer enough protection have been cancelled.
    Last edited by comsubin61; January 5th, 2011 at 11:14 PM.
    E FLUCTIBUS IRRUIT IN HOSTEM. AECIDAE TELO IACET LIBATIS.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ReconLdr View Post
    The name of the place is Pacifico...The food and service was awesome but I am pretty sure it was one of the employees who got our info... It was the only place our card was out of our sight.
    Ever use it online? I've been using mine on line for years, twice someone messed with it, both times my card company caught it, called to confirm the suspicious activity. Issued a new card and all was well. The limit on the card is less that $1000, the fuckers got greedy and tried for $5000, that's how it was caught.

The wife had her purse stolen once, same deal, unusual activity caught, no money lost.

Glad to hear it worked out.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Ever use it online? I've been using mine on line for years, twice someone messed with it, both times my card company caught it, called to confirm the suspicious activity. Issued a new card and all was well. The limit on the card is less that $1000, the fuckers got greedy and tried for $5000, that's how it was caught.

The wife had her purse stolen once, same deal, unusual activity caught, no money lost.

Glad to hear it worked out.

That card was never used online. It was a new card (old account just a new card) It was activated only a few days prior.

(Allegheny County)

You say you have "fraud protection". Is that "free", or it that one of those "extortion" programs that all the credit card companies try to shove down your throat? I mean, I shouldn't have to pay "hush money" in order to sleep at night - why can't they just "not bill me" for crap that is obviously not of my doing.
    "Sorry, if you don't pay us $120/year, for "protection", you're on your own!"
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Restaurants are HUGE problems with this stuff. I myself am 99% sure that the waitress at Olive Garden grabbed my number about two months ago.

Eastern European organized crime groups have been making a killing all across Pa. in 2010. (especially aroung Pgh.) They love to place strip readers on MAC machines, and gas station swipers to get numbers. They also will goto local malls with RF readers and get your card numbers while they sit safe in your wallet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast