Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Who Has The Best of Both Worlds ?

Who here is the proud owner of both a 1911 and a Glock 21 45 ACP ?

Count me in, I love both for different reasons. Im more partial to the 1911 though because of it's feel and history. I also like metal better than polymer but I am in no way a "Poly Hater" . Metal guns especially a nice 1911 has a certain appeal that no other gun has. Especially the new breed ones with their tight tolerances, and big long beavers and safety levers. The heaviness of steel in that long but narrow configuration, and don't forget the nice wood grips !

The Glock on the other hand is simple, sturdy, and easy to shoot. It's lighter, holds more rounds, accurate, recoil taming, and the best finish in the business
    with only Duracoat tailing behind. Tennifer is an awesome invention. Like Teflon but better. Another reason I like the Glock, holster wear is not a worry. The gun has 33 parts and is widely servicable usually right at the gunshop ! The 21 is their big boy on the block packing 13+1 rounds of fat 45 goodness. They look good in leather, or serpa holsters, with the Serpa like the Blackhawk giving it that futuristic allure. Simple breakdown and controls are a plus in a tactical style gun. It's got that set-it and forget-it kind of quality. Where the 1911 wants to be babied more. I love 'em both for different reasons. The Glock is ugly as sin, I wish they would come out with another type gun that was pretty ? Something to challenge the Sig P series in looks, something to replace H&K's P7 in looks maybe ? {I miss that gun, along with Walther's P-5 !} Until then we'll wait, and enjoy our polymer Glocks, and our steel 1911's . Who says you can't like apples and oranges ?
    You Can Take My Gun When You Pry it From My Dead, Cold, Hand !

(Elk County)

Default Re: Who Has The Best of Both Worlds ?

Not part of that club per se, but I do own nine (9) 1911s and one Springfield XD45 in 45ACP, the one with the cocked-and-locked ambi safety.

And I see your 1911 and Glock 21, and raise you a Browning BDA45, a SIG P220, and a Beretta 8045 Cougar . . .

. . . and I'll toss in seven (7) S&W Revolvers chambered in 45 ACP . . .

They're all 45 ACP, and it's all good . . .

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Well at one point I was there. I had a Glock 45 but sold it. I still have two 23's one is a 23c and one is standard, both in .40. My 23c has had well over 5,000 rounds through it and still never fails. I have a Kimber CDP II that I recently purchased for CC and still trying to adjust to the feel. I also have a Sig GSR that is just plain awesome. It's fun and as accurate as any firearm could be. I would say I like my Glocks more right now but that will probably change soon.
    -Champion5-

(Lancaster County)

I guess Im in the club. I presently have two 1911s, (a Kimber Eclipse full size and a Taurus PT1911) and four Glocks, one of which is the model 21. As I sit at my computer I can access the fully loaded Glock 21 in about two seconds while it would take about 5 minutes to get the 1911s out of the safe. Like I heard once on this site, show your friends your Kimbers. Show your enemies your Glocks.

(Monroe County)

I estimate that i have about 35 handguns including Glocks, Sigs, Berettas , CZ's Colts etc. but nothing feels as nice in my hand and point as naturally as my 1911's with my Sigs in second place, Right now i have this strapped to my side, feels as though i were born with it , like an extension of my arm, for everybody it will be a different gun just enjoy what you have and have fun doing it and share it with your family and friends.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyGunslinger View Post
    and the best finish in the business
    with only Duracoat tailing behind. Tennifer is an awesome invention. Like Teflon but better.
    Duracoat and Tennifer are like Hi-Points and Wilson Combat 1911s.

No, no, that's not right... They're like zebras and high end 1911s. Completely and totally different.

Read, learn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferriti...ng#cite_note-8

Tennifer, or Melonite, or salt bath ferritic nitrocarburizing is a process of treating metal, not a paint like coating that goes over top of metal. We often refer to Tennifer or Melonite as a finish, but I suppose it would be more accurate to refer to it as a process.

On another note, the process used to treat Glock slides is awesome, and I love it. Mostly because I have a serious rust phobia.
    Last edited by rwb1500; December 22nd, 2010 at 02:15 AM.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Luzerne County)

Have two 1911s and a Glock 36.
    Nice.
    “Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.”Hemingway ...

3 1911's and a glock 36 ( Kimber UCII & Glock 36 )
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Chester County)

Yes I do!!! And enjoy them both for many different reasons. Glock 21C and a Colt Series 90 Custom Defender “C” also.

(Venango County)

I've been wondering this for a long time, because I have been thinking of picking up a 1911 variant at some point.
    Does the fact that the 2 guns have such different grip angles, feel, and triggers cause inconsistency in your shooting because you are always adjusting to the other gun....and would the light SA trigger of the 1911 variant cause problems when you get used to the long striker fired pull of the Glock? I wouldn't mind having a nice target model, but still carry the glock because of it's simplicity, and durability, that and the fact that it already has lots of holster wear.

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast