Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 300 GUN AUCTION

(Montgomery County)

Default 300 GUN AUCTION

300 GUN AUCTION. SATURDAY JANUARY 15 PREVIEW 8am AUCTION STARTS AT 9 am.rifles,pistols,shotguns all from a private collector.paperwork handled by King Shooters Supply.for pictures see our website www.jrsauctioneering.com

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: 300 GUN AUCTION

Lots of Colt and Winchester commeratives new in the box.handguns galore ,also rifles and shotguns. The list is now up on there website www.jrsauction.com

(Monroe County)

 Fees:
    Firearms Registration:
    long gun $20 per gun
    hand gun $21 per gun ( includes safety lock)

18 Pa.C.S. § 6111.4: Registration of firearms:

Notwithstanding any section of this chapter to the contrary, nothing in this chapter shall be construed to allow any government or law enforcement agency or any agent thereof to create, maintain or operate any registry of firearm ownership within this Commonwealth. For the purposes of this section only, the term "firearm" shall include any weapon that is designed to or may readily be converted to expel any projectile by the action of an explosive or the frame or receiver of any such weapon.

Are you charging 20$ for the 5$ pics check? Or creating an illegal database?

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

http://www.jrsauctioneering.com/gun-list.pdf

Here is the info and gun listing......other link is garbage.
    Last edited by titanse05; January 7th, 2011 at 09:22 AM.

Seems a little disingenuous to claim "NO BUYER'S PREMIUM" in very large, bold letters, while charging 400% of the PICS fee, and $15 to FFL holders who don't even go through PICS.

That extra profit they obtain by getting cash from the buyers....what would you call that, if not a "BUYER'S PREMIUM"?

Reminds me of the "free" crap that you can get when you buy other crap from late-night TV ads. "Free - just pay shipping and handling charges." Well, if I'm PAYING something then it's not FREE, is it? And since they're already packing and shipping the other crap that I AM "paying" for, the extra money seems like it's going for the merchandise, not really for "shipping and handling".

And how is it that I can buy stuff at WalMart and they manage to avoid charging extra for "handling" it, but the telemarketers need extra cash to pay their flunkies, who must earn $700.00 per hour for their highly-skilled "handling" abilities? I bet you can find quality hookers who can handle with more skill and for less money.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Seems a little disingenuous to claim "NO BUYER'S PREMIUM" in very large, bold letters, while charging 400% of the PICS fee, and $15 to FFL holders who don't even go through PICS.

That extra profit they obtain by getting cash from the buyers....what would you call that, if not a "BUYER'S PREMIUM"?

Reminds me of the "free" crap that you can get when you buy other crap from late-night TV ads. "Free - just pay shipping and handling charges." Well, if I'm PAYING something then it's not FREE, is it? And since they're already packing and shipping the other crap that I AM "paying" for, the extra money seems like it's going for the merchandise, not really for "shipping and handling".

And how is it that I can buy stuff at WalMart and they manage to avoid charging extra for "handling" it, but the telemarketers need extra cash to pay their flunkies, who must earn $700.00 per hour for their highly-skilled "handling" abilities? I bet you can find quality hookers who can handle with more skill and for less money.
    Seems to me lawyers get paid for performing a service.The auction company gets ZERO DOLLARS for the instacheck fee or the dealer transfer fee or pa sales tax..
    therefore there is NO BUYERS PREMIUM.
    King Shooters supply is entitled to get paid for the paperwork they do
    just like a lawer who settels a estate. Do you only charge the fees to the state.??? Do you work for nothing ????

Quote Originally Posted by gunshop25 View Post
    Seems to me lawyers get paid for performing a service.The auction company gets ZERO DOLLARS for the instacheck fee or the dealer transfer fee or pa sales tax..
    just like a lawer who settels a estate. Do you only charge the fees to the state.??? Do you work for nothing ????
    Sometimes I do work for nothing, but that's not my primary business model. I do expect to receive a fee for services rendered; but I wouldn't advertise in LARGE CAPITAL BOLD LETTERS that something is free if there was a charge for it.

Would I run an ad saying that I didn't charge clients for copies, if I required all clients to use my brother in law who runs the copier in the back room who made copies for my clients and charged them a buck a page? No, I would not.

Lawyers get paid for their work. And clients have a choice about which lawyer they go to. If I bought a rifle at this auction, would I have a choice about who did the paperwork?

And seriously, they charge FFL holders $15 per gun? For what? They don't do PICS for FFL's, and we don't have gun registration, so...I guess it's a "handling charge"?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by gunshop25 View Post
    Of course they do!!!!!! Instead of being considerate about all the work involved and the responsability on the part of Kings supplies they neat pick on a $ 20 charge for the time. If it was an attorney it would have been $ 300. Thanks Roger and Pat for handling this auction. Some of us do appreaciate the work you do.
    E FLUCTIBUS IRRUIT IN HOSTEM. AECIDAE TELO IACET LIBATIS.

(Montgomery County)

As it has been said above, if you don't like whom yoou are dealing with go to another gun shop or auction. There are plenty of them around. Free country and all. When I hire an attorney firm do I get a choice on which staff I am dealing with? NO! Just which office. Again if you don't like it don't go. It is a simple choice and last I cheeck that is something we still have access in this country. C H O I C E S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    E FLUCTIBUS IRRUIT IN HOSTEM. AECIDAE TELO IACET LIBATIS.

Sinking Spring/Wernersville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Sounds like an auction I would like to attend but I have a question that I hope the OP can answer.

Under fees you have Registration fees for handgun and long gun, but there is no registration of firearms in PA. Is this a misprint and should say PICS fee + King's fee? If not a misprint then with whom are these firearms being registered? Thanks, in advance, for your response.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - JOHN ADAMS, 2nd President of the United States of America

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast