Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Bank robbery

Default Bank robbery

Seems like just last week I wrote an other thread called getting closer to home and now this happens.
    Time for Beaver county people to open their eyes, If you have seen this man, you need to contact Ambridge police.

A few blocks awayfrom last weeks shooting events, this man
    robbed the National City bank in plain daylight claiming he had a gun.

Is the suspect in the Bank robbery that happened Wednesday.

<H5>By: Adam Fabian, Times Staff

Published: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 10:46 PM EST
    AMBRIDGE — Ambridge police are looking for a man who robbed the National City Bank branch on Merchant Street five minutes before it closed, escaping with an undisclosed amount of money.

Sgt. Rick Bufalini said a white male believed to be between 55 and 60 years old walked into the branch about 3:55 p.m. and handed a teller a note demanding money.

The note also said the man was carrying a gun, though Bufalini said a weapon was never shown.

While there were several customers in the branch at the time of the robbery, Bufalini said the suspect was calm and smooth. “He didn’t cause a disturbance at all,” he said.

Bufalini said the man maintained his composure on his way out of the bank as well. “He got his money and casually walked out the front door,” he said.

Police are unsure, Bufalini said, whether the man fled in a vehicle or on foot, but think he may have walked up Fifth Street and into an alley.

Bufalini said the suspect is about 6 feet tall and about 170 pounds. He said the man had a beard and was wearing a ballcap and a bulky, black sweat shirt.

Bufalini said Ambridge police have been in contact with the FBI, which will assist in the investigation.

Borough police ask that anyone with information on the robbery call (724) 266-3270.

Adam Fabian can be reached online at afabian@timesonline.com.
    </H5>
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Bank robbery

it's a shame that such things just go overlooked without a fight? where was the bank guard? panic button? if no weapons were seen why didn't anyone question anything? You would think in todays day and age that something would have been done... but that's just my personal thoughts on the matter

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 00gt1 View Post
    it's a shame that such things just go overlooked without a fight? where was the bank guard? panic button? if no weapons were seen why didn't anyone question anything? You would think in todays day and age that something would have been done... but that's just my personal thoughts on the matter
    Most teller's are taught to not resist and to give up the cash. They are insured and typically would rather give someone the money than to have a teller shot.

(Allegheny County)

Snipers in the banks will solve that problem right away.

nobody will be willing to take the "easy money" if a few robbers get sniped in the head.

And people will recognize that I use sarcasm often. This time, however, I am dead serious.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by 00gt1 View Post
    They're insured by the federal government so they could care less.

(Allegheny County)

Banks need a foyer made of bullet proof glass that will only allow one person thru at a time and could trap a robber inside until the cops show.

But snipers would work too. Liberals would never buy into it though.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Seems like just last week I wrote an other thread called getting closer to home and now this happens.
    Time for Beaver county people to open their eyes, If you have seen this man, you need to contact Ambridge police.

A few blocks awayfrom last weeks shooting events, this man
    robbed the National City bank in plain daylight claiming he had a gun.

Is the suspect in the Bank robbery that happened Wednesday.
    I went to the bank today to do some business, and in conversation mentioned the day of this holdup, I was going to the bank but had other errands to run and decided to do my banking on the way back. When I came back home it was way too late to bank so I came home to see on the news about this robbery…

The teller says “I was the teller that got robbed” and goes on to say he was caught, apparently many people knew “of “this man. He had just come out of jail from a 18 year sentence. Apparently for Murder…

Could you imagine hearing this when the man threatened you by saying I have a gun?

This is the kind the authorities need to put away in a far away jail and lose the keys.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

[QUOTE=DaveM55;141490]Banks need a foyer made of bullet proof glass that will only allow one person thru at a time and could trap a robber inside until the cops show.QUOTE]

yeah you say that now untill its wellfair day and you need to cash your paycheck :0)
    Dave

(Allegheny County)

[QUOTE=Slavage;246567]
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    Banks need a foyer made of bullet proof glass that will only allow one person thru at a time and could trap a robber inside until the cops show.QUOTE]

yeah you say that now untill its wellfair day and you need to cash your paycheck :0)
    Dave
    It's spelled welfare, and I work for a living thank you very much.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final