Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sig 2220 in 9mm $399.

Sig 2220 in 9mm $399. I always wanted a Sig I guess but they were always $700 guns and the chrome pearl handled one was $1100+ dollars. Academy has the Sig 2220 I believe on sale is this too good to be true or is this a badly designed Sig the one that having problems?

They have a S&W Sigma 9mm for $299 I hate there trigger compare to Glocks.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Sig 2220 in 9mm $399.

Is it a heel magazine release (P220EU) or push-button "American" magazine release?

Is it stamped "Assembled by RPS?" (.38 Supers converted to 9mm)

Those two things play a significant role in determining its value (and also its general condition, of course)....

Regards,

Bones

PS - Not a poorly designed Sig by any stretch of the imagination.... But watch out for the RPS .38 Super to 9x19 conversions, as I have read about cycling problems with some of them. Also, mags for this gun will be very hard to come by. Ask me how I know

But P220 .38 Super mags also work fine in mine (which is a P220EU)....
    Last edited by JoeyBones; December 20th, 2010 at 07:48 PM. Reason: detail

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBones View Post
    Is it a heel magazine release (P220EU) or push-button "American" magazine release?

Is it stamped "Assembled by RPS?" (.38 Supers converted to 9mm)

Those two things play a significant role in determining its value (and also its general condition, of course)....

Regards,

Bones

PS - Not a poorly designed Sig by any stretch of the imagination.... But watch out for the RPS .38 Super to 9x19 conversions, as I have read about cycling problems with some of them. Also, mags for this gun will be very hard to come by. Ask me how I know

But P220 .38 Super mags also work fine in mine (which is a P220EU)....
    Disregard above post if you are in fact referring to a SP2022 (as opposed to a 9mm P220)...

That would be the poly-framed model... Which, BTW seems to get rave reviews from many Sig guys.... And is priced right around $400...

The poly-framed Sig that has gained a spotty rep is the P250...

I have no personal experience with the SP2022 (AKA Sig Pro line - They come in .357 and .40 also, labeled the model SP 2340, and the original model released was the SP2009), though, aside from handling one that had the silly (IMO) DAO trigger box installed....

Regards,

Bones
    Last edited by JoeyBones; December 20th, 2010 at 08:30 PM. Reason: detail

(Cumberland County)

If you mean the 2022, I picked one up a year or so ago in 40 and have had no problems at all - very reliable, accurate pistol ! Only thing I did was buy a steel guide rod to replace the plastic one ( I know, plastic is perfectly good - but it just doesn't sit well with me ). I paid $429 for mine a year ago. Don't think you can go wrong unless you are looking for a cc - this would be a bit chunky except for winter with coat.

(Monroe County)

Does it look something like this? This one is mine , its the older brother a 2009, awesome pistols , some of the best polymer pistols ever built.

I paid 399 for mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    If you mean the 2022, I picked one up a year or so ago in 40 and have had no problems at all - very reliable, accurate pistol ! Only thing I did was buy a steel guide rod to replace the plastic one ( I know, plastic is perfectly good - but it just doesn't sit well with me ). I paid $429 for mine a year ago. Don't think you can go wrong unless you are looking for a cc - this would be a bit chunky except for winter with coat.
    I too picked one up last year. The grip (comes with a replacement having a lanyard loop) is big, and boxy in shape. Not really designed for aftermarket customization. I do like the way it fits in my hand. Also comes with the night light sights. Very bright!

My 2022 shoots extremely well, and I feed it Blazer brass at the range. Never a hiccup.

Get some 10 rd mags if you take out of state. This gun came with two 15 rd'ers.

And yes, a bit chunky!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

I have a sp2009 , i think the 2022 is the same pistol but has an external rail. I have put over 3000 rds thru it this year and can't remeber the last time it malfuntioned.
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pagoda240 View Post
    I have a sp2009 , i think the 2022 is the same pistol but has an external rail. I have put over 3000 rds thru it this year and can't remeber the last time it malfuntioned.
    The SP2022 has the Picatinny rail, and a different trigger guard configuration when compared to the 2009. The 2009 does have cutouts in the receiver for attaching tactical items.

The 2022 was designed for the French government.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    The 2022 was designed for the French government.

Does that mean if you actually have to use it, the gun will jump back into the holster and leak weapon shield all over.
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by ddefazio View Post
    Does that mean if you actually have to use it, the gun will jump back into the holster and leak weapon shield all over.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast