Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Boyertown Rod and Gun

Just got my renewal information for Boyertown and I really need to think this one over before I send them any money. I got the latest and greatest range rules with my renewal and I am not a happy camper.

08 - NO MAGAZINE OF ANY TYPE OF FIREARM SHALL HAVE MORE THAN 8 ROUNDS IN IT AT ANY TIME except during sanctioned events.

09 - ALL STRINGS OF FIRE MUST HAVE A 5 SECOND DELAY BETWEEN EACH SHOT. If there is more than one shooter using the range then each shooter will have to wait 5 seconds in sequence to fire their next shot.
    So no matter whether my carry gun has a 7 round mag, an 8 round mag or a 15 round mag I can't train with more than 8 rounds. To make matters worse if I'm there and someone else is there and I fire one round I have to wait at least 10 seconds before I can fire another round. Nope, not a happy camper.

Anyone know of a club without restrictions like this that is accepting new members right now? What about Norther Chester County?
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

Default Re: Boyertown Rod and Gun

I would also be interested in a new club. My club is targeted more towards hunters with bolt action sniper rifles so I don't think they take too kindly to my AR-15. I once got yelled at for shooting too fast and was told to shoot "one at a time" which I thought was funny considering it's semi-auto.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by greyhouse View Post
    I would also be interested in a new club. My club is targeted more towards hunters with bolt action sniper rifles so I don't think they take too kindly to my AR-15. I once got yelled at for shooting too fast and was told to shoot "one at a time" which I thought was funny considering it's semi-auto.

since your in reading if you want to take a little drive pine grove is black rifle friendly even full autos, and its a 500 yd range. Im trying to get my hands on some more apts for there I know a couple of people that want to sign up there.

Quote Originally Posted by lethal93ta View Post
    since your in reading if you want to take a little drive pine grove is black rifle friendly even full autos, and its a 500 yd range. Im trying to get my hands on some more apts for there I know a couple of people that want to sign up there.
    Thanks, but I would rather find a place that is a little bit closer. The maximum I would want to drive is like 30 minutes one way.

(Berks County)

Try Bally Gun Club.. Never anyone there. There's also a spot up behind Lake Ontelaunee off Rt73 you can shoot. Its no range but you're allowed to shoot there.

(Berks County)

What the name/address of the place in pine grove?

(Berks County)

You could check out 'University Rifle Range' right off 562 just before you get to mount penn. Its a 300yrd range.. Im not a member but was looking into it for myself.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gunners762; January 22nd, 2008 at 03:57 PM. Reason: ad pics

(Lebanon County)

Sounds like Club Fudd. They are in need of some open minded folks on the board. If you don't feel you can make a change, best to move on.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunners762 View Post
    You could check out 'University Rifle Range' right off 562 just before you get to mount penn. Its a 300yrd range.. Im not a member but was looking into it for myself.

Do you have any more specific info on this place? I'm right around the corner from there, just need some directions

Thanks
    If you're not outraged & disgusted, you are simply not paying atttention

(Bucks County)

What's there to think about? More and more ranges are buying the anti's party line about evil rifles with mags. Let them continue to cater to the old fuddies who just want to zero in their scopes.

Stop supporting ranges that are anti shooter.

That's what me says

PS. if any of our fellow members here belong there I hope you send in your ripped up membership cards in support.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast