Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default OC at HillTown Walmart - interesting interaction standing in line

I had a few things I needed to pick up at WalMart this afternoon, and while standing in the Customer Service line to get change for a $10 bill (laundry day!), I nodded and said hello to the woman standing behind me. She smiled.

"Hello. Is that a real gun?" She nodded her head towards my left hip.
    "Why would I carry a fake one?" I smiled, not trying to be a wiseass.
    "Well I thought it might be a tasergun or something."
    "Tasers aren't really guns since they don't fire a free-flying projectile, but yes, it is a real gun." I smiled again.
    "...Excellent." Her grin was as wide as Rosie O'Donnell's ass.
    This made me grin line an idiot, too. "Someone once asked me why I felt the need to carry a gun in a WalMart. 'It's just a store,' they said. I said to him, 'Have you ever BEEN to WalMart? Have you seen the people that go there?'"

She laughed. We got into a discussion on how crazy some people are and how Black Friday always seems to bring out the worst in people.

At one point, she said, "Well, obviously, you're not returning your gun."
    "No, you can't buy guns at this particular store, anyway."
    "Just ammo."
    "Yes, and lots of it. I already have 250 rounds of target ammo at home that I bought at WalMart."
    "That's awesome."

Aside from her, no one else made mention of it, but I did see a lot of people taking notice and looking at my crotch waist.

Just thought I'd mention it, since it made me smile this afternoon.
    Junior

(Erie County)

Default Re: OC at HillTown Walmart - interesting interaction standing in line

Her grin was as wide as Rosie O'Donnell's ass
    That's funny right there, I don't care who you are!!!
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    At one point, she said, "Well, obviously, you're not returning your gun."
    "No, you can't buy guns at this particular store, anyway."
    "Just ammo."
    "Yes, and lots of it. I already have 250 rounds of target ammo at home that I bought at WalMart."
    "That's awesome."
    Ha ha. Lots, he said...

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    Ha ha. Lots, he said...
    LOL! I'm not surprised this kind of comment was made. I don't go shooting much, so excuuuuuuse me if my 250 is not quite on par with you 25,000.
    Junior

Default Re: OC @ Walmart

If you'd been carrying this one, NO-ONE would have noticed, and the conversation would not have happened; it's invisible to the naked eye and x-ray. :: " A business-man has admitted to a passing through security at a U.S. airport and boarding an international flight while accidentally carrying a loaded, semi-automatic pistol in his carry-on luggage. He didn't realize he had forgotten to remove the loaded (sic)==> snub nose "baby" Glock pistol <==[sic] from his computer bag. TSA officers did not notice as his bag glided along the belt and was x-rayed. " I GOTTA have one, just for Open Carry use.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    LOL! I'm not surprised this kind of comment was made. I don't go shooting much, so excuuuuuuse me if my 250 is not quite on par with you 25,000.
    Never fear, it was in good humor. It is just that 250 rounds is equal to one box of UMC 9mm. I think the .45 ACP is the same size, but I don't buy them as they are too expensive that way.

(Montgomery County)

Thumbs up Re: OC at HillTown Walmart - interesting interaction standing in line

How do you buy the UMC in those two calibers, Bill? Let me know where to get it cheaper than at Wal Mart, in the 250 round boxes, and I'd consider it.

By the way: I was at that store at 11:30 last night, on my way home, to buy my son some Christmas presents. Picked up a Crosman BB gun and some other stuff. Oh, and a 12-cup coffeemaker for.......$6!

And, it would seem, that they stopped selling Monogram and Revell-type plastic models.....hobby stores or online now, I understand from talking with an old-timer, who was shopping with his son.

BTW: I told him to boycott Goys Rn't Us, due to their "no firearms" policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yentl Marmelstein View Post
    How do you buy the UMC in those two calibers, Bill? Let me know where to get it cheaper than at Wal Mart, in the 250 round boxes, and I'd consider it.
    Well, I usually don't buy UMC in those calibers, unless I need a bunch for when we shoot the guns that shoot a bunch with one pull of the trigger, and nothing else is to be had. WWB is usually cheaper, if it is in stock. By the way, those guns are not mine, but I get to shoot them once in a while.

I was just poking a little good natured fun at Viper. I remember shooting with a couple of buddies from here and we met up with a kid at the range that I had taught to shoot. We were discussing .22LR ammo, and he mentioned that he had a huge quantity on hand, almost 200 rounds. We looked at one another and explained to him that that was barely enough for an afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Yentl Marmelstein View Post
    And, it would seem, that they stopped selling Monogram and Revell-type plastic models.....hobby stores or online now, I understand from talking with an old-timer, who was shopping with his son.
    I was in our local Wal Mart last week in the later evening looking for some model glue to complete my latest model rocket, and was unable to find any. Upon asking where it had been moved to, a store associate explained that Wal Mart no longer carries any type of modeling toys or supplies. She indicated that she wasn't exactly sure why, but did state that there was some debate prior to removing these types of items as to whether to discontinue carrying them or to place some items where a purchaser would need an associate to retrieve the items. Not understanding what she meant, I inquired further, and she said that the "corporate concern" was that kids might just possibly be sniffing the glue. Imagine my surprise. Wal Mart must be in the parenting business as well as the retail business.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    Never fear, it was in good humor. It is just that 250 rounds is equal to one box of UMC 9mm. I think the .45 ACP is the same size, but I don't buy them as they are too expensive that way.

I think the only 250 count box I have ever seen at my local Walmarts were the .22s. I think I may have to branch out a bit...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast