Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Rent Glock 18 anywhere?

Hi all,

Do you know of any range within driving distance from Philadelphia that rents a Glock 18, or any fully-automatic modified Glock, or even Beretta 93?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by 6.8Shooter; December 19th, 2010 at 03:10 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Rent Glock 18 anywhere?

Classic Pistol, but unless you go with a member, I hear they don't rent to ya.

I guess it is a curiosity thing. It's like the fantasy three way with your wife and her co-worker. Sometimes the fantasy is better than the actual thing. (I just made up an example by the way). I think shooting full auto is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over rated.
    Jules

(Philadelphia County)

haha that may well be true, but I still want to find out for myself. I personally love shooting full auto -- been to Targetmaster a few times and, after doing a bunch of mag dumps, shooting my AR in semi just isn't the same. Maybe it's something about the challenge of learning how to control a sustained burst of fire. Adds another element to the mix.

Anyway, I'm curious about what it's like to shoot a glock 18 on full-auto without the butt-stock. Hopefully I'll get the chance to shoot one someday.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by 6.8Shooter View Post
    haha that may well be true, but I still want to find out for myself. I personally love shooting full auto -- been to Targetmaster a few times and, after doing a bunch of mag dumps, shooting my AR in semi just isn't the same. Maybe it's something about the challenge of learning how to control a sustained burst of fire. Adds another element to the mix.

Anyway, I'm curious about what it's like to shoot a glock 18 on full-auto without the butt-stock. Hopefully I'll get the chance to shoot one someday.
    well if you watch the youtuve videos not only does it look like fun, but it doesn't look like you will be hitting much with it(especially if you go cyclic on something) but Maybe in short(er) bursts you may be okay....Looks like a handful to me though.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3339&dateline=1300221  289

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    I guess it is a curiosity thing. It's like the fantasy three way with your wife and her co-worker. Sometimes the fantasy is better than the actual thing. (I just made up an example by the way). I think shooting full auto is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over rated.
    Jules
    Lolol... Plus I can't really afford to feed those guns that shoot a bunch of ammo when you only touch the bang switch once.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by SharpShooter88 View Post
    well if you watch the youtuve videos not only does it look like fun, but it doesn't look like you will be hitting much with it, but Maybe in short(er) bursts you may be okay....Looks like a handful to me though.
    Take a look and find the youtube video of the guy shooting himself in the hand with a G18!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    Take a look and find the youtube video of the guy shooting himself in the hand with a G18!
    Yep I've seen that one. That guy needs to learn how to hold a handgun properly, and whoever decided to put a little foregrip on the accessory rail should be smacked...the Beretta 93R has an extended barrel that extends beyond its foregrip for a reason!

(Montgomery County)

when did classic get a g18? I know they said the glock rep had one up there but im pretty sure he took it when he left.
    "you cant fight zombies with good intentions"

My Feedback:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/98731-cmr076.html

(Montgomery County)

I have shot a Glock 18 in full auto and I was not impressed. Sure, it is full auto and it is a Glock which makes people think it is cool. However, an automatic pistol is damn near worthless. Anyone who thinks it is more "firepower" would more accurately describe as more of a "noisemaker."

The reason why the MP5 has been so popular since the 70's is the weight (As well as the precision performance). The weight of the MP5 allows for controllable full auto shooting and it is very accurate. The glock full auto pistol just wastes ammo unless you are in a shoot out in an elevator.

As for anywhere that has one to rent, I know of no place. I am not sure that Classic Pistol has one, let alone one to rent. Classic pistol does indeed have an MP5SD to rent!!!
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast