Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default H&R 922 9shot value?

I am new to this forum and am just feeling my way around. about 12 yrs ago my deseased husband bought me an H&K 922 9 shot L can anyone tell me the history of this gun, it is in excellent condition and although I have not shot it in 5 yrs I was an excent shot. My husband passed away 4 yrs ago so I can't ask him.
    Any info would be very much appreiciated.

Winnie 41

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: H&R 922 9shot value?

you have an H & R 922, not an H&K, HK is a totally different manufacturer.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Snyder County)

Average price $135 to $200 depending on condition.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by winnie41 View Post
    I am new to this forum and am just feeling my way around. about 12 yrs ago my deseased husband bought me an H&K 922 9 shot L can anyone tell me the history of this gun, it is in excellent condition and although I have not shot it in 5 yrs I was an excent shot. My husband passed away 4 yrs ago so I can't ask him.
    Any info would be very much appreiciated.

Winnie 41
    Winnie - please post the serial number, found on the bottom of the grips - the handle - and I'll give you the full run down and history of this piece and the history of the model series.
    Jim
    Jim Hauff H&R Collector In memory of my friends Bill Goforth and Jim Ritchie.

Quote Originally Posted by Delerius View Post
    Thank you, it is in excellent condition.

Quote Originally Posted by 32 Magnum View Post
    Winnie - please post the serial number, found on the bottom of the grips - the handle - and I'll give you the full run down and history of this piece and the history of the model series.
    Jim
    H&R 922 9 shot, serial # L6780 9
    Thank you

(Northampton County)

Winnie,
    Your Model 922 was produced in 1951. It is a 1st Model (circa 1927-'52), 7th Variation (1949-'52). This model series was a mid price level, utility grade, no-frills .22 rimfire revolver. It was intended for casual target practice, plinking a field carry. The model proved to be very popular and hundreds of thousands of copies in the various variations were made. In 1953 a 2nd Model was introduced by H&R, in which they re-designed the frame and some of the action parts. It again proved to be a solid, reliable firearm and maintained its popularity through several more variations and another model change in 1973. It was discontinued in 1979, when H&R Arms Co. replaced it with another, more modern design rim fire revolver.
    If in safe condition to be fired, your 922 will be capable of shooting any .22 rim fire ammunition currently manufactured. I hope that you get a chance to go out and shoot it, for old time's sake. Good luck and enjoy your pistol.

Jim,
    I thank you for the infoormation. I do plan on doing some target practice soon. I used to practice a few times a week and got to be very good but as I said, I haven't fired it since 2004. I am sure I will enjoy this again.

(Northampton County)

Winnie,
    You're welcome, Ma'am. Enjoy and Merry Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Delerius View Post
    If you plan on selling this pistol, try to find a person that collects them. A lot of crappy .25 semi's with a 6 shot magazine can run you $90 to $150 or more, and they are not collector's items. Don't let someone get your pistol for cheap. There is a lot of history with Harrington and Richardson firearms. It may be something you want to pass down if you have children. I've spent my 2 cents on the subject. Enjoy shooting it.

ps...give it a nice cleaning and a light oil job before shooting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast