Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: Anyone carry a Ruger P95?

I own a p90 and a p95 (actually the p95 is the wifes). I carry the p90 daily. During the week in a Fobus paddle holster sometimes open sometimes concealed. I know it prints badly, I've just got to the point I don't care. At church or other formal occasions, I conceal the p90 in an uncle mikes Iwb. I'm 6'0" 225. I have over 1000 rounds through both and both perform flawlessly.
    I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member

I don't have a P-95, but I do carry the full size P-85. I don't find the size a problem. I usually carry in an OWB holster, but sometimes I just stick it behind my back sans holster. Sometimes I put it in a fanny pack otr a small military style shoulder bag. It all depends on the situation. I'm a big Ruger fan, all their weapons seem pretty reliable. This weapon has a high capacity and the de-cocker type safety. I really like that feature. I've had this gun for many years and never had a problem with it. Full size is a good way to go. (The only Ruger I don't carry regularly is my .44 Blackhawk. Now there's a full size for ya!)
    Last edited by Defender; December 17th, 2010 at 08:55 PM.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Schuylkill County)

Wife liked hers. I'm not a fan of the slide-mounted safety.

(Lehigh County)

carry the sr9 daily.... trying to get my mitts on the sr9c but funds may prevent that..

(Chester County)

Took a friend to buy his first gun today. Had a used xd .40 for 350 and I told him 2 jump on it. While we were waiting he noticed one of these p95s brand new for the same price. He's totally new to guns hence I came along to help him and awnser questions for him. Well I asked to look at the gun and while handling it noticed it had sweet features for the price. SA/DA, nice hammer, decocker and a really good SA and not bad DA. I was impressed. Me and the shop guy share a love for s&ws but both hate the sigmas lol. He started bashing the shit out of the p95, saying how bad it was. From the feel of it I couldn't believe it. I would Def take it over the sigma? My question is, does anyone have any bad experiences with this gun. From what I've read its all good on here. Thinking about buying one if the price is around low 200s lol.

(Lancaster County)

I carry a P94 and I love it. When it is cold, I have a DeSantis Thumb Break Scabbard under my jacket. When it is warmer, I use a Crossbreed Supertuck. Between the two, no one knows they are there.

I was hoping that maybe one day Blackhawk would release a Serpa holster for the Ruger P-Series, but I guess I will have to use the DeSantis for OC until they finally release one.
    Active Citizen

(Montgomery County)

I carry the P95 daily. IMO it is a great gun, a little hard to cc. I will use it for winter carry because it does print in just a tee shirt. I carry it at around 3 o'clock in a Crossbreed super tuck, does anyone have a better system so that it wont print as much? I Love the feel in my hand and it shoots great.

I carry all my P-series Rugers...I don't care if I print or not.

My screen name is a testament to how I feel about these Rugers.
    Sure it doesn't have the crisp sound of tightly toleranced machined parts like others but the thing works every single time without fail. That's why my Rugers are the work horses of my arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by shortthrow50 View Post
    IMO ruger P-series is one of the best guns ever made. Just feels so natural and shoots like a dream. I own a p90
    Damn right, i remember there first P85 when it came out. Great auto at a good price. They were selling like hot cakes back then alot of LEOs were starting to purchase them.
    Until Furgeson shot and killed people as he exited the Long Island Rail Road platform back then. Mc Carthys husband was amoung them, she still has wreaths put on the platform for the holidays even now.
    No disrespect to her whatsoever. But Ruger dropped the P85 from thier line for awhile, and revised it years later. I am happy to see this is not happening to the Glock.

I quess ruger had a harder time of it back then, then glock is now.

(Westmoreland County)

I carry my full size p89 every day. I originally bought the gun to be a Duracoat test dummy. After I got home and cleaned it up, I took it in the woods to see how it shot. I must say, I'm immensely impressed with this gun. It refuses to jam, has a good D/A trigger, and it is REALLY accurate. I just got it a few months ago, so I haven't had a chance to carry it in the warmer months. It hides in the interior pocket of my Carhartt jacket quite nicely. I think this gun is a great concealed carry weapon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast