Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default PRNJ: Man Charged With Illegal Possession Of Airsoft Pistol

PARSIPPANY--A Parsippany man was allegedy found in possesion of an Airsoft pistol during a motor vehicle stop for speeding on Wednesday night, police said.

Emmanuel Udoh, 18, of Lake Hiawatha, was stopped near Mara and Van Wyck roads in the Knoll Gardens apartment complex for speeding in a 1993 Oldsmobile at 7:56 p.m., said Sgt. Yvonne Christiano, a department spokeswoman.

As Udoh was retrieving driving credentials, Officer Matthew LaManna observed what appeared to be a handgun on the floor of the rear passenger's side. LaManna retrieved a Walther PPS .6mm "Airsoft" pistol containing several blue plastic BB's in the magazine, Christiano said.

Udoh, who did not possess a firearm's identification card, was arrested and charged with possession of a handgun, speeding and violation of a probationary license. He was released, pending a municipal court appearance
    http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/2...Airsoft-pistol

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: PRNJ: Man Charged With Illegal Possession Of Airsoft Pistol

Udoh, who did not possess a firearm's identification card, was arrested and charged with possession of a handgun,...
    How can they charge him with possession of a handgun, when no handgun was present?? I hate to tell you NJ, but a toy is not a handgun... I know you're too stupid to understand that, so I figured I'd tell you...
    III%

(Bucks County)

You need a firearm's identification card to own a toy pistol in NJ????
    That place is F’d up.

I left the Peoples Republic of NJ 6 years, DO NOT want to go back!
    From the NJSP
    link

Read the PDF link if you want your blood to boil. Clear example of the stupidity of fear and bureaucracy that the gun control crowd exhibits, and what they will write into law if we leave it to them to decide for us if we can exercise our Constitutional Rights.

A couple of the jewels:

"Firearm or firearms" means any handgun, rifle, shotgun, machine gun, assault firearm, automatic or semi-automatic
    rifle, or any gun, device or instrument in the nature of a weapon from which may be fired or ejected any solid projectile,
    ball, slug, pellet, missile or bullet, or any gas, vapor or other noxious thing, by means of a cartridge or shell or by the
    action of an explosive or the igniting of flammable or explosive substances. It shall also include, without limitation, any
    firearm which is in the nature of an air gun, spring gun or pistol or other weapon of a similar nature in which the
    propelling force is a spring, elastic band, carbon dioxide, compressed or other gas, or vapor, air or compressed air, or
    is ignited by compressed air, and ejecting a bullet or missile smaller than three-eighths of an inch in diameter, with
    sufficient force to injure a person."

"13:54-1.7 Validity of firearms identification card and permit to purchase a handgun
    (a) A firearms purchaser identification card shall be valid until such time as the holder becomes subject to any of the
    disabilities set forth by law and this subchapter pertaining to an applicant's eligibility. Upon becoming subject to any
    of the disabilities set forth in this subchapter, the card shall be void and shall be returned to the Superintendent within
    five days.
    (b) A permit to purchase a handgun shall be valid for a period of 90 days from date of issuance and may be renewed
    by the issuing authority for an additional 90 days, for a total of 180 consecutive days."

NJAC-title13-ch54...
    Last edited by spacemanvic; December 16th, 2010 at 03:01 PM.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by spacemanvic View Post
    From the NJSP
    link

Read the PDF link if you want your blood to boil. Clear example of the stupidity of fear and bureaucracy that the gun control crowd exhibits, and what they will write into law if we leave it to them to decide for us if we can exercise our Constitutional Rights.

"Firearm or firearms" means any handgun, rifle, shotgun, machine gun, assault firearm, automatic or semi-automatic
    rifle, or any gun, device or instrument in the nature of a weapon from which may be fired or ejected any solid projectile,
    ball, slug, pellet, missile or bullet, or any gas, vapor or other noxious thing, by means of a cartridge or shell or by the
    action of an explosive or the igniting of flammable or explosive substances. It shall also include, without limitation, any
    firearm which is in the nature of an air gun, spring gun or pistol or other weapon of a similar nature in which the
    propelling force is a spring, elastic band, carbon dioxide, compressed or other gas, or vapor, air or compressed air, or
    is ignited by compressed air, and ejecting a bullet or missile smaller than three-eighths of an inch in diameter, with
    sufficient force to injure a person."

NJAC-title13-ch54...
    What a joke....
    III%

(Wayne County)

WOW that definition of a firearm in NJ is amazing. So bb gun is legally a firearm.

(Monroe County)

The only way an airsoft pistol has "sufficient force to injure a person" is if you shoot them in the eye.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by spacemanvic View Post
    From the NJSP
    link

I always knew NJ was bad, but until I read the link, I never knew it was THAT horrible.

Yes, BB guns are essentially illegal in NJ. I bought one over 30 years ago when they were "legal" at Kmart, a Crossman, kept it hidden until we moved out here to PA. Used it with my kids to teach them gun safety (my oldest has progressed to the 22) this summer. VERY glad I kept it.

(Lycoming County)

by that definition would a slingshot be a firearm?

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast