Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Gunman takes school board hostage, apparently shot dead by former board member

More thinning of the herd.

http://www.cbs12.com/news/city-47300...-shooting.html

Gunman takes school board hostage, apparently shot dead by former board member
    Comments 0
    December 14, 2010 5:14 PM
    NEWSHERALD.com / WPEC-CBS12.com
    PANAMA CITY, Fla. -- A gunman was shot and is reported to be dead after taking over a school board meeting today.

Panama City News Herald reporter Daniel Carson was in the room and here is his account, given after making a statement to police:

"They had just got into the action item portion of the agenda, having a discussion about a revision to school board policy. This guy had been sitting in the back of room, not acting irratically or anything. He got up and walked to podium, but I couldnt see that he had a gun.

"He pulls out a can of red spray paint, muttered something like 'you're a bunch of assholes' to the school board ... and draws on the wall a red circle with 'v' through it. He pulls out this gun that turned out to be a cap gun, I think, and he started talking to the school board and told everyone to clear the room except the men on the school board.

"Then Ginger Littleton, I think, swung her purse at him. Nobody knew it was a cap gun. I couldnt tell if he hit her or not, but looked like she kind of went down. She's not injured by the way."

Carson was outside the back door of the room with two others, including Bay Defense Alliance representative Leon Walters and teacher Dianne Wishart, and they cracked the door to see what was happening inside.

"We kept peeking in to make sure he hadn't killed the entire school board. We closed the door, and I heard two pops. Mike Jones must have entered from another door inside the building and shot the guy.

"I went back in there, the guy is on the floor, blood coming out of his head. Bill Husfelt is consoling Mike Jones, they led Mike Jones back to that conference room adjacent to the main board room, all of them consoling him, and then the police came in."

DESCRIPTION FROM THE SCENE

The shooter was taken out of the school board offices on a stretcher and appeared to be dead, according to a reporter on the scene. The reporter was told the only injured person was the gunman.

A reporter has confirmed that former school board member and district security chief Mike Jones shot the gunman. Another News Herald reporter was being held as a witness to the incident.

No citizens were injured, according to the latest reports.

The shooter was taken to Gulf Coast Medical Center. Although he has been reported dead, no information on his condition is officially available.

ANOTHER WITNESS

School Board spokeswoman Karen Tucker was standing outside the board room taking a phone call when people came running out of the room.

"I'm fine, a little shaken, but I'm fine," she told a reporter.

She said the man "was a large guy" she had seen sitting in the back of the boardroom earlier. She heard him say something about "firing his wife."

"Bill (Husfelt, superintendent) was trying to get him to let the other board members go," Tucker said.

She left that area and went to the information office and got them to call security chief and former School Board member Mike Jones,"who came running down and into the board room and then there were shots fired," she said.

"Thank God he was here," Tucker said. "I heard the gunshots. It scared me to death. ... I thought he had hurt one of our people."

Read more: http://www.cbs12.com/articles/city-4...#ixzz1888og7gD
    Friends don't let friends buy Taurus's

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Gunman takes school board hostage, apparently shot dead by former board member

This looks like a very good shoot and reaction of the "Security" guard.

It is not set in stone what this guy was going to do, but it is for certain that it was not gonna be good. IMHO.

The guy was firing a gun and acting hostile towards those in the room.
    I personally have no problems with this type of shooting (from the guard).

Still a sad situation to happen. The guy obviously had some issues.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Gunman takes school board hostage, apparently shot dead by former board member

(Montgomery County)

Local news in FL is reporting that the gunman shot and killed himself with his own weapon. Security guard reacted but too late.

ETA: from CNN -
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/12/14/...ex.html?hpt=T1

From Fox-
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/14...board-meeting/
    Last edited by PA Traveler; December 14th, 2010 at 10:10 PM.

(Wayne County)

So is he shooting himself when he is laying on the floor in front of the front desk ?

Why are there pics of him on the stretcher where it looks like the EMTs are tring to save him ?

(Lackawanna County)

Apparently, he shot himself after being confronted and wounded by the security guard. I wonder what would've happened if it was a gun-free zone and the security guard was unarmed. BTW, the gunman had a previous criminal convictions and was prohibited from possessing firearms.

(Bucks County)

I'm on our local board and sometimes during hostile meetings I have wondered about that situation. What would I do? What cold I do?

(Centre County)

Article stated the meeting was streaming live. Can't imagine looking on as someone you know (or a family member) is being held hostage. Terrifying, I would imagine.

So this guy scrambles everybodies minds/lives 'cause his wife was fired. Was it worth it? If this went as "planned," you spend life in prision. Things seemed to go "not as planned" and now your dead. Your wifes last concern, now, is her effing employment status. (Does he not know who is in the White House? She could have been on unemployment for decades.) Totally senseless.

Wonder what the circled V meant??
    Last edited by FLICK; December 14th, 2010 at 11:16 PM.
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyAR View Post
    Why are there pics of him on the stretcher where it looks like the EMTs are tring to save him ?
    Takes a while for the body to shut down when your brains are FUBAR. You can thank your brainstem for the auto-pilot. Unless you get the brain stem with the bullet, quickly herniate your brain putting lots 'o pressure on the stem, or strike the spinal cord around C1 through C3, ya got some time. Simplified the math, of course.
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Delaware County)

MUCH BETTER VIDEO:

http://tinyurl.com/28gwdyj
    Last edited by BimmerJon; December 14th, 2010 at 11:42 PM.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast