Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default 7.62 Nagant Revolver

Anyone own one? They're very cheap and I like old military stuff. I'm thinking of getting 2, and swapping a .32 cylinder in one of them. I guess stopping power isn't their strong point but maybe decent for target practice? I read the double action is atrocious.
    Security without liberty is called prison.

Default Re: 7.62 Nagant Revolver

The double action is atrocious.

If you like the mechanical stuffs, they are amazing to fondle.

The ammo they use is also less then common, but I've read it compliments a polite little suppressor.

Do you have your C&R license?

(Montgomery County)

I do not have a C&R, I honestly don't know much about it other than that it allows you to bypass FFLs for said items.
    Security without liberty is called prison.

I've got two for them and have shot others. They are not double action guns, even though you can shoot them double action. The .32 cylinder is a .32 ACP and it's not that much of a round. You can shoot .32 Mags out of them but you will get some splits. They can be fun little guns.

(York County)

Had one delivered from Aim Suplus a couple months ago. Mint looking old revolver. Only got to shoot it once so far. Used the new Privi ammo and only 1/3 of them would go bang. Primer hits are consistent, just light. Yes, the double action is horrible.

(Montgomery County)

Have two, including one of the target versions. Can fire 0.32 Longs in them without too much of a problem. Can also make a pseudo version of the Nagant round by using 32-20 cases, the Lee dies and a 0.32 head. Slug the barrels as most are not 0.308 but closer to 0.311. Can use lead bullets quite successfully. The 0.32 ACP cylinders may well require some "Dremel work" as the slants on the rotor where the hand engages are often not correct.

For light primer strikes, open the action and insert a rolled up wide rubber band at the "V" of the mainspring. A lot of the imports had the mainspring ground to reduce the trigger pull in DA and they do not give a good impact. Dave_n

(Indiana County)

Don't bother with the .32 cylinder, most of them need fitted and don't work very well.
    Like the others said, you can use .32mag and .32S&W ammo but the cases will sometimes get ruined. I have been finding quit a bit of surplus Russian stuff in yellow boxes lately and it all shoots fine, but is corrosive so a hot water bath is called for after shooting.
    Recoil is pretty much nil.

I have two, I keep one in the garage and the other I shoot a few times a year when I hit a public range, usually get a few looks.
    And yes, it is the only revolver that can be truely silenced due to the gas seal.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    Recoil is pretty much nil.
    That surprised me when I first shot it. I was expecting something, but no, it was as mild as a 22lr semi pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    Don't bother with the .32 cylinder, most of them need fitted and don't work very well.
    +1 on this! I got four cylinders...and swapping them between the four revolvers got two to fit and cycle correctly. I'm not one for hand fitting metal pieces, so I sold off the other two. In the end, for the amount I shoot the pistol, I realized I really didn't need another caliber for it; the standard 7.62 ammo was fine.

These pistols are cool because of how cheap they are and how light the recoil is. Accuracy is OK; trigger pull is terrible and the sights are crap. Century (HotShot) does seasonal runs on the ammo; buy a bunch when you can and sit on it!

(Elk County)

Get your C&R FFL. It is fun ordering handguns online and having them shipped to your front door. P38, CZ82, Nagant revolvers, and others. The best $30 you can turn into an addiction. Did I mention Mosin Nagants, Mausers, Enfields, Garands, M1 Carbines...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast