Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Arrested in PHILLY.....

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmInnnnnnnnnn
    Last edited by Dametheman; December 14th, 2010 at 06:38 AM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Arrested in PHILLY.....

I surely hope not. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    Guns are dangerous, but no guns is more dangerous.

(Monroe County)

Do you really want to know what we think?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dametheman View Post
    I got arrested in Philly on a narcotics misdermener. (i think thats how you spell it)...I had my firearm and a PA LTCF and a FL LTCF. Long story short...Delaware county suspended it, and FL sent me a new one....Does anybody know WHATS THAT ABOUT?.....I just want to know if I can still carry?????

signed Confused but Happy..lol
    Arrested or convicted?
    In PA a narcotics conviction is disqualifyer for firearms ownership and carry.

a minor narco conviction is not a disqualifyer in both federal and FL law so they sent you a new one.

If you were just arrested and not yet convicted I THINK you can still own and carry with your FL permit. It's probably not a good idea though until you get your arrest cleared up.

Did they confiscate your firearm? you can't purchase any new ones until you get the arrest cleared up.

Alex

(Erie County)

So besides carrying a gun, what else were you carrying?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Allegheny County)

I got arrested in Philly on a narcotics misdermener. (i think thats how you spell it)
    misdemeanor.

(Lehigh County)

I got arrested in Philly on a narcotics misdermener. (i think thats how you spell it)...I had my firearm and a PA LTCF and a FL LTCF. Long story short...Delaware county suspended it, and FL sent me a new one....Does anybody know WHATS THAT ABOUT?.....I just want to know if I can still carry?????

There is no "suspension" of an LTCF. It's either valid or revoked.

18 Pa.C.S. § 6109

(f) Term of license.--
    (1) A license to carry a firearm issued under subsection (e) shall be valid throughout this Commonwealth for a period of five years unless extended under paragraph (3) or sooner revoked.
    (2) At least 60 days prior to the expiration of each license, the issuing sheriff shall send to the licensee an application for renewal of license. Failure to receive a renewal application shall not relieve a licensee from the responsibility to renew the license.
    (3) Notwithstanding paragraph (1) or any other provision of law to the contrary, a license to carry a firearm that is held by a member of the United States Armed Forces or the Pennsylvania National Guard on Federal active duty and deployed overseas that is scheduled to expire during the period of deployment shall be extended until 90 days after the end of the deployment.
    (4) Possession of a license, together with a copy of the person's military orders showing the dates of overseas deployment, including the date that the overseas deployment ends, shall constitute, during the extension period specified in paragraph (3), a defense to any charge filed pursuant to section 6106 (relating to firearms not to be carried without a license) or 6108 (relating to carrying firearms on public streets or public property in Philadelphia).

(i) Revocation.--A license to carry firearms may be revoked by the issuing authority for good cause. A license to carry firearms shall be revoked by the issuing authority for any reason stated in subsection (e)(1) which occurs during the term of the permit. Notice of revocation shall be in writing and shall state the specific reason for revocation. Notice shall be sent by certified mail to the individual whose license is revoked, and, at that time, notice shall also be provided to the Pennsylvania State Police by electronic means, including e-mail or facsimile transmission, that the license is no longer valid. An individual whose license is revoked shall surrender the license to the issuing authority within five days of receipt of the notice. An individual whose license is revoked may appeal to the court of common pleas for the judicial district in which the individual resides. An individual who violates this section commits a summary offense.
    If it was revoked you should have received proper notice of the revocation.

If I were you I would be demanding that notice in any way my attorney would agree too.

edit: So you were arrested, but were you charged with anything?
    Last edited by IronSight; December 13th, 2010 at 08:30 PM.

(Monroe County)

Yea, we prefer if you would stop. 420 or carry you have to pick one-just one.
    5 is right out.

Also if you don't know how to spell it,
    http://www.iespell.com/
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Lancaster County)

No one said it but incase you ARE allowed to carry with your FL one. It is NOT valid near school zones, dont go near them. I believe the 1,000 ft rule only applies for the ltcf for the state its issued for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

(Philadelphia County)

Cool Re: Arrested in PHILLY.....

THANKS YOU WERE ALL HELPFUL

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast